Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HELP!

hey peeps ,

i haven't been on here for far to long and even though i've managed to keep the weight off .
its now frozen there so need all the advice youve got and a massive kick up the back side .

thank you x

Replies

• 2 things I can think of are increasing your calorie intake a bit & changing your exercise routine. Your body does become used to the same routine even w/your exercise routine. Also, do you allow yourself a "Rest Day" & a "Cheat Day/Meal " ?
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Up the protein! Feed your body the right kind of fuel so it'll let go of the fuel it has stored in your cells.

If you hit the gym hard core, try adding something gentler like yoga and pilates, or belly dance (bias: I teach belly dance) to get your body learning new muscle memory.

OH, and way to go!

Meg
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    when that happens to me, i eat a higher protein diet and less carbs. WTG and good luck! being frozen is never fun. :)
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    In addition to protein, make sure you're getting enough fiber!

Insoluble fiber cannot be digested so the calories don't count - count them anyway. But insoluble fiber moves through your digestive system, never breaking down, simply adding bulk (sorry, that's a bit gross, but oh well).
    Soluble fiber can be digested and lowers to overall glycemic index of your meal*** (opinions differ on this). Either way, soluble fiber takes longer to digest and break down due to cellulose (not cellulite!) content - it makes you feel fuller longer because it's digesting longer. It also pulls water in, so there is increasing gastrointestinal motility/movement (again, gross, but it's science).

By the same token, since fiber does pull in so much water, make sure you're staying hydrated. 8 glasses is okay for someone who's NOT active, but if you are, your body probably needs more. You be the judge of how much you need.

Are you getting all your nutrients? Macro-nutrients (carbs, fat, protein) are important...but so are micro-nutrients (vitamins and minerals). Deficits in micronutrients can inhibit weight loss/strength gains. Track your diet and get an idea of where you're falling short and find a multivitamin that gives you what you're lacking. I personally use Nature Made Multi for Her with Iron and Calcium.

And as far as exercise is concerned: change it up! But don't over-train. Give your body time to rest so that you can come back 100% and get a good work-out. Working out is great, but only being able to give 70% because you've worked out every single day isn't going to help you.