Help pls

Options
I am new to mfp i have only been doing it for the last 5 days, i love the app on my mobile but i am having trouble using the scanner. Any help much appresiated

thanx :smile:

Replies

• tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    bump.. can't help you sorry.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What's happening when you try to use the barcode scanner?

There are a few things that can affect it, so see if one of these ideas sorts the problem out:

-Move to better light.

-Try holding the phone and the package more still. I find it works best if I lay the package down on a table or countertop and brace the elbow of my camera arm on something so both the camera and the package are still.

-Try moving the camera a little closer to or farther away from the package.

Some packages are really tough to scan. Small, rounded containers and wrinkly bags are the toughest ones to scan in my experience.
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    There's a scanner?! Mine doesn't have this and I ran an app update yesterday on my iPhone :(
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    I know.......wheres the scanner? I have this on my Iphone and I didnt see a scanner. Bumping for more info
  • Atlantique
    Options
    There's a scanner?! Mine doesn't have this and I ran an app update yesterday on my iPhone :(

It's not on the iPhone app yet. :(
  • debieneise
    debieneise Posts: 7
    Options
    I have tries all the above lol, just get a couple of green dots then nothing, was wondering if i needed to push anything or if it took it atuomatically
  • Atlantique
    Options
    I have tries all the above lol, just get a couple of green dots then nothing, was wondering if i needed to push anything or if it took it atuomatically

You don't have to push anything else, no. The green dots mean that the camera is trying to focus but is not able to focus long enough to actually read the barcode. When it finally does focus, the phone will beep and the nutritional info will come up instantly.
  • debieneise
    debieneise Posts: 7
    Options
    thanx i will try holding still for longer and see if that works, thanx for your help xx
  • Atlantique
    Options
    thanx i will try holding still for longer and see if that works, thanx for your help xx

Hope it works! :)
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It is on the addroid App. Works great with my Samsung fascinate