I was hoping for some support but...

Options
2»

Replies

• JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Your children need that strength they are observing in you. No body is missing it... they may not want to partake now, but eventually, they'll understand how hard of a choice you are making and they'll wonder "why" and they'll have to think about it. They'll watch you get stronger, healthier, feel better... and the difference between other family members (maybe aunt, uncles, whatever) who age with bad habits and end up suffering with their health... They'll even look much older. We can't fool our bodies. It's not about weight so much as it is about what the fat does to our organs.

Always take the high road and you'll never regret it. It's not easy. About one of every 3-4 Americans are obese. Obese is much easier to maintain! Anyway, I was morbidly obese, then obese, but now I'm just overweight. I don't have that far to go... And my hubby is obese, unhealthy and unwilling to change... even watching me approach my goal. Wish I could help him, but that's his decision. I am responsible for myself. He is responsible for 'his' body. So think about it... really think.... and decide, each day, what you want for your body.
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It can be sooooo tempting to give up when there is little or no support at home. You d have support here though, like the others said. Another reason to keep on keepin' on is that the more delicious healthy food you serve, the more your family will learn to prefer the healthy foods. Having healthy snacks ready and easily at hand in the fridge like cut up veggies, hummus, a variety of freesh fruit cleaned and ready to munch, they will begin to choose those foods over processed, salty foods that they have to heat, unwrap or otherwise prepare. If your husband & kids want the junk, don't make it easy on them. If it isn't in the house, easy to hand, they have to go and get it.

Empower yourself by fortifying your arsenal of healthy foods, finding support where you can (MFP, friends, support group, pets to walk with, etc.), and feeding your soul with something that moves you (a charitable cause to volunteer with, a hobby, etc.).

Doing this is worth it because YOU are worth it. You are obviously someone with a loving heart, or you wouldn't want to set a positive example for your kids. Now, the trick is to love yourself enough to do something good for you. You have done an amazing thing by losing as much as you have already. I'm looking forward to the day I can say I lost 100 pounds. That is a huge accomplishment!

You are an inspiration to me and others on this site, just by your success this far. Don't give up on your dreams! :flowerforyou:
  • merlie
    merlie Posts: 5
    Options
    you are definitely NOT alone here on mfp! we are all here to support each other!
    you are doing a great job! keep it up! do this for you and we will help you along the way :)
  • wheatley1212
    Options
    I started 4 weeks ago to diet with a Dr.'s help, and have learned to cook different. My husband eats anything and whatever is put in front of him. So, he started eating what I ate for lunch and dinner. I gained 1 pd in the last for 4 weeks, and he lost 9 lbs. He was able to pass his weight check in the Army, otherwise he has always been overweight. My son, 6, can not live on a 12-1400 cal daily. He gets cookies, cheetoes, chicken nuggets, ganola bars, and higher cal dinner items. I buy the cookies, peanutbutter or cheese crackers in the little 4 paks, and keep them in son's snack drawer. l am not tempted to eat them as I would walking by an open cookie jar. :flowerforyou:
  • merlie
    merlie Posts: 5
    Options
    I will support you too and help you with your goal. Sometimes the best people to help out are strangers that become friends ;)

this is so true :smile:
  • pichure1
    pichure1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look your not alone So many people replied to your post. That's encouraging. This is my 2nd day on here so I am a beginner but have about 70lbs or more to loose. Hang in there you keep your eyes on the goal one day at a time.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) Congratulations on losing 100 pounds so far! You lost that without support, just imagine how it will be with all the support from MFP! :) Excellent job! Good for you!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    You have to keep coming here! I have no support at home either - which is why I never leave a day without coming here - most of the time I will go to the success stories and read one of the amazing stories and look at the pictures of inspiration. You cannot give up! You even said, its for your children, for your health and their health. I have to do the same thing - make some things different for my husband and daughter and some days are harder than others but you have to do it !! You can get tons of support here! And you are more than welcome to add me as a friend : ) please... don't give up on yourself!
  • loopylynne
    loopylynne Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm home alone, no family live with me..

If you need guidance, help, support or just someone to moan at... I'm your girl...

We all suffer with self-esteem (and those that don't are lying).... Help in just a tippety tap of the keyboard away...

Take it easy, dont be so hard on yourself..

Lynne x:flowerforyou:
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Again thanks for the warm fuzzies everyone.