Breakfast troubles...

2»

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    With over 1700 cals to play with you need to get at least 3-400 cals in for breakfast..I have oatmeal & fruit in winter, at the moment I have bran cereal, apple & cinnamon or strawberries, , soya milk ,greek yoghurt & a cup of tea...all for less than 400 cals, never get hungry. Sometimes I have a two WHOLE egg ommelette, hate this egg white only fad..why throw away the bit of the egg that has the nutrition......there so much to choose from.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    BUMP!! I'm loving this suggestions!!

Here's mine (this came right from my diary..you're more than welcome to take a look):

Western Omelet w/ Cheese:

Gv - Egg Substitute, 1/2 Cup (60 calories)
    Jennie-O - Extra Lean Turkey Ham, 0.5 oz (15 calories)
    Kraft - Fat Free Shredded Mozarella Cheese, 1/4 cup (45 calories)
    Onion, Yellow - Whole Raw Onion, 0.2 medium (160 g) (13 calories)
    Usda Nutrient Database - Pepper, Sweet, Red, Raw, 0.25 cup (7 calories)
    Sliced - Baby Bella Mushrooms , 1/4 cup (5 calories)
    Great Value - Whole Milk, 0.25 cup (38 calories)

This comes out to 183 calories and is VERY filling. You can throw it in a tortilla of your choice and be on your way!

Just add all this stuff together and if you use a Ziplock Steambag, you can throw it in the microwave for 3 minutes (or less) and there you go..DONE...I have also added all of this in a regular ziplock bag, put the bag in boiling water and let it cook that way...it minmizes the use of oil, and I can just let it boil for 15 minutes and finish getting myself ready..it also cooks in a neat little rectangle so its very neat and VERY filling!
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Ooh, my fav meal. You should really only be having 6oz of juice in the morning. There's tons of fructose in it. If you're craving something sweet, try a banana fruit shake (Just use half a banana, some berries, two cups of ice, and some water). A strawberry one (with 4 large frozen strawberries) comes to be 100 calories.

Egg omlettes are great, you can stuff in a ton of veggies. If you use more than one egg, be sure to take out the extra yolks. My enoki-tomato-proscuitto-olive oil ones come out to be around 150 cals.

Whole wheat toast + your favorite butter spread is awesomely tastey too (210 cals)

Depending on your intake, you can do any combination of the above. Those are just my faves.

'
  • rengb6
    rengb6 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm boring I just eat cereal or some toast. I stopped drinking orange juice recently and lost 4-5 pounds. I used to drink ONLY juice, probably 5-7 glasses a day with the occasional soda and now I drink water and nothing else.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Soft boiled egg, 1 strip of crispy bacon mashed together with pepper and a little salt. My Fav amd about 150 calopries depending on the bacon! High protein, low carb and low cal
This discussion has been closed.