New fridge that can suggest recipes is coming - no hoax

Options
sanddollar
sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
The smart fridge offers three energy-saving options as well as a "food management system" which tells users what is in their fridge, where it is and when its sell-by date expires.

The information is available via smartphones or tablets, and can be accessed from a grocery store or restaurant. LG boasts the machine can even suggest healthy recipes based on what foods are currently available.

Developed by LG - being sold in S. Korea now.... in N. America by the end of the year.

Full article at: http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-04-skorea-lg-unveils-smart-fridge.html

Thoughts, anyone???

Replies

• srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    I need one.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    if i had the 10 G'S that this prolly will cost, if not more, then i would sooooo do it! lol.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Wow, I want one of those. Does it cook too? lol :laugh:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I def want it!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'll avoid it just on principles, I always find that devices that "claim" to do so many things do do the things they say, usually, but they aren't as good at ANY of them that a dedicated device is. My cell phone isn't a camera or a music player I have separate ones so my battery use is only impacted on any of them by using them for what they're meant for. Just my preference ;)
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    <~~ Just got a cell phone this year. It is not smart. It was the one you buy for your 4yr olds. The one for 7yr olds was to complicated.

If my fridge starts talking to me...I will move to the mountains. In a shack...Far away from people and electronics. It will be way to technical. Will probably freak me out :P
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ugh in order to have a constantly up-to-date inventory that is accurate, you'd have to tell the fridge everything you put in it, and also tell it everytime you use something. That sounds HARD. and not worthwhile.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My fridge talks to me all the time.

Why just this morning in fact, it was telling me,"I got Bacon!!!"

Sometimes it steals the remote when I'm not looking.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    My fridge talks to me all the time.

Why just this morning in fact, it was telling me,"I got Bacon!!!"

Sometimes it steals the remote when I'm not looking.

OMG, my dad has the exact same one! you could be quoting him!