Just...erg...

Options
So, I've had a maintain on the scale for two weeks now... :grumble:

I know I shouldn't be too upset about it, cause I have been doing lots of toning exercises lately, and someone noticed my weight loss at church today, so yay!

I'm still bummed though...and it's shown in my eating.

First I *gasp* had a donut for breakfast. It was only 230 cals though, and I didn't really have time for anything else since I had to be at church early this morning. Plus it's hard to ignore the Dunkin Donuts calling to me from the coffee room when my tummy is grumbling, lol...but it just kinda set the mood for the rest of the day. I ate waaay too much at lunch, and then came home and had a few not so healthy snacks. :huh:

So now I have only 130 calories left for the day, and haven't had dinner. :ohwell:

I think today I'm just gonna work on staying under maintenance and not so much about keeping a deficit. :indifferent:

Thanks for listening to my whining. :laugh:

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    So, I've had a maintain on the scale for two weeks now... :grumble:

I know I shouldn't be too upset about it, cause I have been doing lots of toning exercises lately, and someone noticed my weight loss at church today, so yay!

I'm still bummed though...and it's shown in my eating.

First I *gasp* had a donut for breakfast. It was only 230 cals though, and I didn't really have time for anything else since I had to be at church early this morning. Plus it's hard to ignore the Dunkin Donuts calling to me from the coffee room when my tummy is grumbling, lol...but it just kinda set the mood for the rest of the day. I ate waaay too much at lunch, and then came home and had a few not so healthy snacks. :huh:

So now I have only 130 calories left for the day, and haven't had dinner. :ohwell:

I think today I'm just gonna work on staying under maintenance and not so much about keeping a deficit. :indifferent:

Thanks for listening to my whining. :laugh:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hang in there! It's only one day you can get back in there tomorrow.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Church lady says "Any food consumed on church grounds is automatically converted to fat-free/sodium-free/carb-free/calorie free manna from heaven!

church_lady-1.jpg

Seriously though--ever noticed how no one EVER brings healthy stuff to church breakfasts/lunches/dinners?
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Church lady says "Any food consumed on church grounds is automatically converted to fat-free/sodium-free/carb-free/calorie free manna from heaven!

church_lady-1.jpg

Seriously though--ever noticed how no one EVER brings healthy stuff to church breakfasts/lunches/dinners?

LMAO! Church Lady! Ah Ha ha ha...
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds almost exactly like my day. had to be at church so had like half a cup of macaroni salad for breakfast. After church they have snacks so I had a piece of banana bread... Then i get to my parents, have some oreo cakesters, ritz cheese sandwhiches, and pringles... then when i got home more macaroni salad but added in cheese! So now I only have about 150cals left!! Im gonna eat half a cantaloupe which is about 130 and hope it will fill me before I head out to see my inlaws who are camping! I hope to maybe got for a quick run to burn at least 100 cals... maybe 200!!

I hope the rest of your day goes welL!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options

church_lady-1.jpg

LOL, when I visit my parents church my mom is now trained to bring sliced fruit. She brings it just for me...and then it is the first thing to go. So, start a trend, the next time you bring food to a potluck style gathering make it an attractive fruit or veggie plate and see the response.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

church_lady-1.jpg

shore; you totally rock sis! :flowerforyou: One of the reasons that Ezzie and I recently joined the curch we did (well, ok apart from the God wants us to be there thing, and the great community outreach program, and the welcoming people, and the great pastors) was the food is abso incredible! We have *never* eaten so well from a "church kitchen" in our lives! Our church just finished a huge addition, including a wonderful, Chef designed Kitchen, and got all the licenses so now we can serve the community! In the first 3 months, we served more meals to the community than the previous 5 years! And the food is just awesome too! :drinker:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, here is something that works for me. Light yogurts, the small kiddie size ones, granola. Then instead of doughnuts or bagels, keep cream cheese spreads flavored w/english muffins. Or white string cheese and fruit. Easy to go out the door with and less sticky!!!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    shore; you totally rock sis! :flowerforyou: One of the reasons that Ezzie and I recently joined the curch we did (well, ok apart from the God wants us to be there thing, and the great community outreach program, and the welcoming people, and the great pastors) was the food is abso incredible! We have *never* eaten so well from a "church kitchen" in our lives! Our church just finished a huge addition, including a wonderful, Chef designed Kitchen, and got all the licenses so now we can serve the community! In the first 3 months, we served more meals to the community than the previous 5 years! And the food is just awesome too! :drinker:

And all of it calorie-free, too! WAHOOOO!!
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    i was in the same boat --- at the same weight for 10 long painful days, no matter HOW good i was. here's the good news -- then i dropped 3 LB in 2 days. So just hang in there, maybe your body is like mine, and it takes it a bit to get in gear! I hope so!!!! :)
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Uhg...so the rest of the day just got worse.

My mother-in-law made cookies today O_O and I had like, 4 of them. :huh:

I had a sandwich for dinner, and some watermelon later on...

I know I´m over maintenance Cals :mad: , but I think it only by like 200 or 300 (I´ve been keeping track, but lost count a little bit.)

One day isn´t gonna hurt me right? I will get back on the wagon tomorrow.