Workout DVDs

Options
SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
Hey everyone. I'm looking to change up my DVD routine. I currently have Turbo Jam and LOVE all the different workouts they have for me to chose from. However, before I get bored of those DVDs, I would like to add more to my collection so I can keep enjoying my workouts and not get bored.

I enjoy dancing, kick boxing, and pilaties (sp) most, so DVDs in those areas would be most helpful, but your opinion can include more ;) . It would also be awesome when you give the name of the DVD to let me know what style it is ;)

Thank you all so much my MFP friends!!

Replies

• campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love tae bo, juilianne houghs cardio ballroom, and even Leslie Sansone's walk/jog DVDs!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Try TurboFire! Its much more fun and you burn a ton more calories than with Turbo Jam :-) I did a TurboFire workout this morning :-)
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    anything jillian michaels is good bet..
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    Tae Bo!! AAHH I have to get some Billy Banks DVDs STAT! I forgot all about him! THANK YOU for saying Tae Bo!!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm currently doing Tae Bo PT24/7 and I LOVE it! It is boxing/kickboxing with resistance bands...it's an awesome cardio workout plus strength training with the bands. I still have a lot of weight to lose but the definition in my arms and legs since I've started this workout is amazing!!
  • kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The Leslie sansone walk/jog DVD and the walk/kick DVD are both great. They really get your heart rate up and don't hurt joints.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have just got the 30 day shred DVD on the advice of a few of the guys on here and so far so good for me...though I am still in week one!! Its based around 3 minute strength training, 2 minute cardio and 1 minute ab workout for 3 circuits and also with three levels; the idea being that you do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for another 10, then level 3 for the final 10 days of the 'shred' period. The style if you haven't already guessed is circuit training...... :smile:

I'm finding it hard going but because the circuits are so short your able to stick to it. Good luck!! Vx
  • heidipierce
    heidipierce Posts: 10
    Options
    I just discovered The Firm Calorie Explosion, and it is insanely challenging! But it goes by really fast and it does burn a ton of calories. I did it today and even though I was doing all the modified moves, my heart rate monitor said I burned almost 750 calories in just under an hour. It's fabulous! I also really love Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Both workouts are kind of like circuit training athletic drills that really work your body and make you sweat. I always feel great after I'm done, and I know that I really got a good workout.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels is good - tough as hell - but good. For kickboxing I love Amy Bento - I have her Kickbox Extreme - takes a few times through to get the hang of but it's fun and a good calorie burner. I would like a few more of hers. I also love Turbo Fire and since you have Turbo Jam, you'll be able to pick it up quickly, but man oh man, it's a great burn!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with www.collagevideo.com ? GREAT website - tons of dvd's and they have great reviews - and you can watch a clip of almost all of the DVD's they offer. You can break it down by category too. You can also return it, no questions asked, if you don't like it. I've never actually purchased directly from them (I just use it to research DVD's and then hunt them down on Amazon, often for a better price).
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks This is Tae Bo is one of my favorites!!! Try it :o)
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with www.collagevideo.com ? GREAT website - tons of dvd's and they have great reviews - and you can watch a clip of almost all of the DVD's they offer. You can break it down by category too. You can also return it, no questions asked, if you don't like it. I've never actually purchased directly from them (I just use it to research DVD's and then hunt them down on Amazon, often for a better price).

I wish I had heard of that site a while ago! Before discovering Beachbody I had bought literally dozens of (for lack of a better word) crappy and old workout DVDs.

Thanks for the tip!
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for your GREAT recommendations! My latest Amazon order included Billy Banks, Jillian Michaels...err and one of the other recommendations but I forget what (itll be a surprised when it gets here haha)! Thank you everyone!!

We seem to be having the most RAINY season ever, so I have a feeling all the different DVDs are definitely going to be necessary.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am actually looking for the same thing is some workout dvds but more like pilates stuff but burns the fat.. I don't like the cardio dvd but the one I have got boring to me its a 10 minutes hot bod boot camp workout I got at walmart and I didn't like it.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I got 30 minutes to fitness weights by kelly coffey-meyer as I wanted a weights DVD and I love it... its pretty cheesey but I think thats essential from a workout DVD. Also have 30 day shred but liking kelly a bit more!!