gained almost half a pound?

Options
I'm kind of confused and frustrated. I only actually check in once a week, but the scale is in my bathroom so sometimes I hop on it in the morning. I seemed to be losing just a little bit of weight everyday, and according to the scale I was down from 131.6 to around 131. Now, when I got on the scale this morning I was back up to 131.6!

Can anyone have any guesses on why this is? I haven't gone over my calorie limit and even if I had I shouldn't have GAINED weight. There is a built in deficiency . Isn't half a pound sort of a lot to gain in one night anyway?

Replies

• peacepalmtree
    Options
    It could just be you weren't balanced evenly on your scale or the clothes you had on, if any.
    Nothing to get too worried or upset about.

No worries.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    water dont worry bout it... drink more water to rid it xx
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Probably just water weight. Did you eat a lot of sodium? Sometime I can go up a few pounds if I eat to much salt. Just drink lots of water today and watch your salt intake and you will be back down.
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    There are only a few reasons that come to mind. It could be water weight, not enough calories so your body thinks its in famine and holding onto everything, not enough sleep, different clothes or time when weighing, or possibly not having a bowel movement.

Good luck with your weight loss. Don't get shook up over 1/2 pound. It'll probably go down tomorrow. Keep up the good work.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    There are only a few reasons that come to mind. It could be water weight, not enough calories so your body thinks its in famine and holding onto everything, not enough sleep, different clothes or time when weighing, or possibly not having a bowel movement.

Good luck with your weight loss. Don't get shook up over 1/2 pound. It'll probably go down tomorrow. Keep up the good work.

It HAS to be water weight.

The body holding onto everything because it thinks it's in famine - science just doesn't hold this as truth. If it were - starving people wouldn't lose weight, yet they do. At a slower rate, but still they lose. I wish people on MFP would get over this already.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    The body holding onto everything because it thinks it's in famine - science just doesn't hold this as truth. If it were - starving people wouldn't lose weight, yet they do. At a slower rate, but still they lose. I wish people on MFP would get over this already.
    Word.

I put on five pounds in one day. Then another five pounds. Ten pounds in less than a week! But whatever, weight shifts. It'll go away.