Finally Posting Hello

Options
tanyamg
tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
Hello everyone.. I just wanted to post to finally say hey!

I have been up and down with weight lose all my life, but never really happy with my weight. I used to be at 210lbs, but I am now down to 194 (or 195) depending on the day. I find though I struggle getting below this, it seems I never can. I am finally running. Its interesting I use to hate running and was now into working out, but something clicked and I have been all about it. I enjoy working out now and running. Part of this is my Aunt, she is a marathon runner and I she has really helped.

I really want to do it this time and the rest of my life, I want to push my body and actually reach 180 lbs for once in my life and keep losing. I know though I have to watch out for the food, thats what I struggle with. I am a vegetarian ( or 80% vegan) and striving to be a healthier one. Anyways this site is really helping me. I have the app on my ipod touch and always using it. Its great having that support and something to tell you what your eating, much easier than flipping through a calorie book.

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for all the support on this site! :smile:

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hello from me and gd luck with ur goal:smile:
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    Well congrats on running. I wish I could but a knee injury put me out. Good luck to you
  • Calorie_Ninja
    Calorie_Ninja Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a vegetarian too and have been for a long time. If you ever want to share recipes let me know. It's nice to met a fellow vegetarian!! I'll add you as a friend! =)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I used to think "in my next life I want to be able to run" and then I watch the Biggest Loser and all those people can run. I'm doing Zumba Fitness now to try and help get some of the pounds coming off but hope to be running on my treadmill regularly very soon. I'm a little afraid it it {the treadmill...not the running}. If you use this site and actually track and do the exercise and be faithful to your tracking you will be under your 180 goal in no time at all and looking toward a new goal. Feel free to add me if you like
  • tanyamg
    tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the comments and advice. Treadmills are great, especially when your knees are hurting some, because its a softer surface. My knees use to hurt really bad when I got up to 5 miles of running and then I realized I wasn't training right. Now I have been including a lot of cross training like the spin bike, strength work outs like the Julian Michael's stuff (which kicks my butt) and some other things. So now Im hoping my 4 mile run tomorrow, my knees still feel good.

Do it up guys! and yes we can deft. exchange veggie recipes.