Help! I only had one meal, and am already over on sugar for

Options
NewDawn31
NewDawn31 Posts: 27 Member
One meal down, and already over on my sugar for the day. I had homemade oatmeal pancakes (oats, egg whites, cinnamon, toasted wheat germ) I drizzled 1 tsp of raw organic honey over top, and served with one slice of pineapple, and a sliced pear. I mean, at least the sugars came from natural sources, so I don't feel too bad about it. But, what am I supposed to do with the rest of my day?? Any suggestions for low sugar dinner options. -Or ways to cut down on sugars in general...this seems to be a daily problem-I'm always over on sugar.

Replies

• terri0702
    terri0702 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If the sugar comes from fruit I don't letter it bother me!
  • snobuny032
    snobuny032 Posts: 82
    Options
    Your meal is healthy and unprocessed.. I wouldn't worry about going over on sugars.. Just keep it healthy!
    :smile:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I have had about a cup of mixed melon and grape, and a teaspoon of marmalade on my toast this morning; that has already taken me to 34g - and the site has set my sugar goal at only 24g!

To be blunt, I didn't get my big fat bum by eating too much fruit - and part of the reason I'm here is to develop healthier eating habits for the rest of my life. That includes eating fruit on a daily basis, and it MFP tells me I'm eating too much fruit, then hard luck.

Shoot me! :bigsmile:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    The good news is at least your sugar came from fruit. bad news is there is no way you won't be over your sugar for the day. Take it as a learning point. next time I would choose either the honey or the fruit, but not both. Don't beat yourself up, this is part of learning to eat a balance meal.