Trader Joe's favorites...what are yours?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Another food I have just discovered here that is sooooooooooo good! Butternut Squash & Creamed Spinach Gratin! yum!

Where is this? Frozen section? Thanks!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    There honey is pretty good.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    The masala veggie patties are so good! If you aren't concerned with sodium, give them a try; They are a little spicy, super flavorful, and make a great meatless meal! 120 cals a patty
    The three layer hummus is also fantastic
    Oh..I do remember trying these.... do they still carry them? I'll have to look, as I completely forgot about them until seeing your post.

Tried something new this past week... someone gave me a Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Coconut Mango bit.. very good and one is plenty for a treat so I may have to pick these up sometime. They are over the freezer section.

I recently tried the Organic Beef Patties... they actually taste like beef... because there's so little fat in them. Oh I can't even think right now about other things I've tried since last posting in a TJ thread.

Thought I'd bring this thread up from the dead to see what everyone's been getting and what's recommend lately.:wink:

Just now thought of something else I've fallen in love with.. Bacon Cheddar Cheese in wedges. Wow, ya gotta try this if you're even a wee bit of a bacon lover!:love:
  • Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I adore their sprouted 7- grain bread. I also like the bruschetta mix (awesome on eggs and pretty much everything else) and the sliced smoked gouda. Another favorite is their triple ginger snap cookies but I don't get those very often.

Trader joes is a bit too far to drive to every week so we usually only go once a month. Probably for the best because I'd spend way too much money.
  • ajpettay
    ajpettay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great idea for tortilla soup!
  • MissLizzy1985
    Options
    EVERYTHING at Trader Joe's ROCKS!!!!!!!!! A liter of water for 50 cents, yes!! The cookie butter, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ajpettay
    Options
    The Shepherd's Pie (frozen section) is good... feels like comfort food, and a good mix of protein, carbs and veggies, for only 180 calories/serving (2 servings in good-sized box).
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    their wine selection. seriously.

I love it.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Frozen Rice Biryani
    Raisin and Nut Chocolate Bar
    Veggie chips (my partner and I have to be careful buying these - we could eat the entire bag on the drive home!)
    Mochi ice cream (yummm)
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love their Organic Tomatillo & Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa. If I found out it was no longer available, I'd stockpile a couple hundred jars of the stuff! It is smooth, smokey, mild, and so so good on everything - eggs, tacos, salad, burritos, chips, etc.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I just had one of their Pizza Al Pola Asado. It had chicken, cheese, and refried beans on it and a corn crust. I am new to Trader Joes. This is only the second time I've been there, so I'm going to read through this thread and get some other ideas. :)
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bag of their baked snap peas. Yum!!!

I also really like their mini brie bites. 70 calories for a little wedge of brie, perfect as a snack with some crackers or an apple. You get 5-6 in a bag I think.
  • ajpettay
    Options
    In response to the request for cheese suggestions, the "Unexpected Cheddar" is amazing. It tastes like a cross between a sharp cheddar and Parmesan, and has a nice crumbly texture. A little goes a long way.