Logging Insanity into the MyFitnessPal Diary Exercise

Options
Does anyone have any idea how to list the Insanity workouts in the Exercise section? The videos claim to be able to burn up to 1000 calories in a 40 minute workout, but there's nothing in the database to describe that.

The closest thing I've tried listing is Circuit (general) and Aerobics (Intense), but at that, I have to say I did 40 and 20 minutes, to get only 840 calories burned.

Can anyone help me?

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    When I was doing insanity I was adding as circuit training .
  • ksafe
    ksafe Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for the response. But if I log 30 minutes of Circuit training, it's only 435 calories burned, less than half of what Insanity advertises.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I either did calisthenics (vigorous) or taebo to log insanity before I got my heart rate monitor. For the 40 min workouts I was burning around 650 cal, and I am 5'3 135lbs. I STRONGLY suggest getting a hrm because everyone burns differently. If you are only lightly pushing, you are going to burn less. If you are doing the whole thing 100% with the people in the video, your burn will be higher.

You can't really use other people because everyone's heart beats differently, therefore the only truly accurate way to track is a heart rate monitor. I got mine on amazon and it wasn't too expensive ($45) but be sure to get one that shows calories burned.

Good luck with insanity! I just got to month 2 and it is ridiculous. I burned 1387 yesterday doing the fit test + the max interval circuit.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    p.s. they advertise that while really talking about month two, where the workouts are over an hour long and a lot more difficult. Tricky, I know.
  • ksafe
    ksafe Posts: 20
    Options
    Wonderful, thank you!
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Thanks for the response. But if I log 30 minutes of Circuit training, it's only 435 calories burned, less than half of what Insanity advertises.

It also depends on your weight, height and on how hard you work, I think it is about right maybe even less :)
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm