Bad Weekend...

Options
Ok, so it wasn't that bad. We went to Virginia Beach (about an hour away) and saw Billy Idol and Eddie Money in concert. We had a great time. And we walked 22 blocks one way from our hotel to the Billy Idol Concert (over 300 cals according to MFP) and then walked all around the beach in the sand during the concert and then 17 blocks to the Eddie Money Concert and another 5 blocks back to the hotel. It was fun! But I went about 400 calories over my goal (my food/exercise for Aug 30 and 31st are backwards... Aug 30th's food/exercise is on Aug 31st and vice-versa). I was just having so much fun with my husband!! Then today, we had breakfast at IHOP. BAD IDEA. I have been doing really good since I started this "lifestyle change" on Aug 20th. I've even lost more weight than I thought I would have in such a short amount of time (4 lbs is not current... it's at least 5 lbs... but I'm waiting to weigh myself on Wed. for the Biggest Loser check-in). Ugh. I feel awful about it. I actually noticed today that my pants are fitting looser than they usually do and I was really feeling positive about everything. Then I put my food in for yesterday and today and it upsets me so much. I assumed I'd be over yesterday but I figured all the walking I did (at such a fast pace) would allow me the extra calories. Well it did, but not for all. Today I knew breakfast would be bad (and at least it was at breakfast that ate all those cals) but I didn't realize it would be that bad. I know tomorrow is another day and I want to be able to start off fresh tomorrow but I'm afraid I'm going to eat less b/c of my mess-ups this weekend. I hope to think I won't, but I don't know that I won't. Does that make sense? And my belly is growling. I was hoping to have a snack this evening and now I don't want to since I'm so over my cals for yesterday and today. I'm so disappointed in myself. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    Options
    Ok, so it wasn't that bad. We went to Virginia Beach (about an hour away) and saw Billy Idol and Eddie Money in concert. We had a great time. And we walked 22 blocks one way from our hotel to the Billy Idol Concert (over 300 cals according to MFP) and then walked all around the beach in the sand during the concert and then 17 blocks to the Eddie Money Concert and another 5 blocks back to the hotel. It was fun! But I went about 400 calories over my goal (my food/exercise for Aug 30 and 31st are backwards... Aug 30th's food/exercise is on Aug 31st and vice-versa). I was just having so much fun with my husband!! Then today, we had breakfast at IHOP. BAD IDEA. I have been doing really good since I started this "lifestyle change" on Aug 20th. I've even lost more weight than I thought I would have in such a short amount of time (4 lbs is not current... it's at least 5 lbs... but I'm waiting to weigh myself on Wed. for the Biggest Loser check-in). Ugh. I feel awful about it. I actually noticed today that my pants are fitting looser than they usually do and I was really feeling positive about everything. Then I put my food in for yesterday and today and it upsets me so much. I assumed I'd be over yesterday but I figured all the walking I did (at such a fast pace) would allow me the extra calories. Well it did, but not for all. Today I knew breakfast would be bad (and at least it was at breakfast that ate all those cals) but I didn't realize it would be that bad. I know tomorrow is another day and I want to be able to start off fresh tomorrow but I'm afraid I'm going to eat less b/c of my mess-ups this weekend. I hope to think I won't, but I don't know that I won't. Does that make sense? And my belly is growling. I was hoping to have a snack this evening and now I don't want to since I'm so over my cals for yesterday and today. I'm so disappointed in myself. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate...I had one bad day this week and showed a 6 pound gain...frustrating...so I am just drinking lots of water tonight since I am at my calorie limit...and tomorrow I will start fresh...it's a new day and the start of a new business week...so we'll face Monday tomorrow...luckily I don't have any Labor Day cookout plans at this point, so tomorrow will be business as usual when it comes to my calories...let's check in with each other tomorrow and see how we're doing?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Ihop can be the devil.
  • cre13
    Options
    I can totally relate...I had one bad day this week and showed a 6 pound gain...frustrating...so I am just drinking lots of water tonight since I am at my calorie limit...and tomorrow I will start fresh...it's a new day and the start of a new business week...so we'll face Monday tomorrow...luckily I don't have any Labor Day cookout plans at this point, so tomorrow will be business as usual when it comes to my calories...let's check in with each other tomorrow and see how we're doing?

I will definitely check in with you tomorrow. I don't have any cookout plans either. But I will be traveling about an hour and a half to Norfolk to pick up my brother from the airport (he's coming to get married!! he's in the Coast Guard and is stationed in Alaska - his fiancee' lives here) and so we'll probably be having lunch together but I can do a salad so that's good. Thank you for your encouragement!!
  • cre13
    Options
    Ihop can be the devil.

haha! yeah, it really can be :ohwell:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I will definitely check in with you tomorrow. I don't have any cookout plans either. But I will be traveling about an hour and a half to Norfolk to pick up my brother from the airport (he's coming to get married!! he's in the Coast Guard and is stationed in Alaska - his fiancee' lives here) and so we'll probably be having lunch together but I can do a salad so that's good. Thank you for your encouragement!!

Other than being at the restaurant for lunch, do you have a plan for the rest of the day? What time of day do you have to pick him up? If it's afternoon time, plan on having a decent breakfast before you go, take along some baby carrots or granola and some water for the road trip...and if possible, choose a restaurant that you're going to for lunch before you leave, find their menu online, and choose exactly what you want to order...definitely check in with me tomorrow, and I'll check in with you too...we'll keep each other accountable...one day at a time!
  • Canelitas
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a bad weekend, I'm sure all that walking around will make up for it. Think positive and don't let it get you down...Go Purple! :flowerforyou:
  • cre13
    Options

Other than being at the restaurant for lunch, do you have a plan for the rest of the day? What time of day do you have to pick him up? If it's afternoon time, plan on having a decent breakfast before you go, take along some baby carrots or granola and some water for the road trip...and if possible, choose a restaurant that you're going to for lunch before you leave, find their menu online, and choose exactly what you want to order...definitely check in with me tomorrow, and I'll check in with you too...we'll keep each other accountable...one day at a time!

thank you for the suggestions! we left the house at 6:30 this morning so we grabbed a quick bite at hardees (oh i know - it's awful!!)..... but the rest of the day i did really good :-)

i sent you a message, too... than you so much for your support!!
  • cre13
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a bad weekend, I'm sure all that walking around will make up for it. Think positive and don't let it get you down...Go Purple! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for your support!!!! GO PURPLE!!! :drinker: