Losing weight but not inches?

Options
I seem to see a lot of people have the opposite problem. Am I only losing water weight? From 145 to 130.. My waist only lost 1 inch. Getting frustrated. I keep thinking 10 more lbs maybe and I will see better results.. but what if I dont? Every week I weigh myself and I find myself losing 1-1.5 lbs but I dont see it in the mirror. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i'm the same.. i exercise and eat back most of the calories, i drink my 8 cups of water (most days) and i am losing weight but my neck, hips and waist have measured the same for 2 weeks now.. i can't see a difference in the mirror at all
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    are you only measuring your waist? I lost quite a bit in my thigh, calves, upper arms. also, personally, I only measure once a month. I don't feel like the changes in inches will come weekly like the weight does.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    women tend to lose it in their waist last.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Keep at it....it will happen if calories in DON'T exceed calories out!
    All the best:smile:
  • jadebugs
    jadebugs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    same here, lost 20lbs but not much different in size.....cant figure it out yet:(
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    women tend to lose it in their waist last.
    yes...true...bummer:explode:
  • Bjornulf
    Bjornulf Posts: 29
    Options
    The main problem is that your LOOKING for the difference. You will not be the first one to see it. You see yourself every day in that same mirror, someone who hasn't seen you in a few weeks is going to be the first to notice. You will see changes, even if they happen gradually, if you take regular measurements. Such as the one inch loss.

Maybe not weekly, but regularly.

Be patient, it will come.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    same here, lost 20lbs but not much different in size.....cant figure it out yet:(

Being the size I am at 5'2, I can gain 15-20 pounds and still fit in the same pair of pants, but one pound over and I need a bigger size and it will take more than 20 pounds to fit BACK into the smaller size I outgrew. I thought my body was the only one. Guess not.
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options

Being the size I am at 5'2, I can gain 15-20 pounds and still fit in the same pair of pants, but one pound over and I need a bigger size and it will take more than 20 pounds to fit BACK into the smaller size I outgrew. I thought my body was the only one. Guess not.

Omg thats exactly how I am... I am 5'3 and I still fit the same clothes but just a little lose on the arms and that one inch on the waist. I guess I will feel better when I finally reach my goal weight. We'll see from there. I thought I was the only one and my body shape is just weird. I will wait another month to see if I lost any inches.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think you need more patience!
    I've lost 23 pounds and have gone down one size :P and I don't think I'll be going down another.
    Not any time soon atleast.
    I measure once a month! Those take time(: Embrace that you're losing pounds!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You are likely loosing it evenly, which means it will take longer to see the results, as long as the scale goes down be happy it will come one day you are gonna look in the mirror and realize you are smokin
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem but that's because I had a lot to lose. It would be like 20- 25 pounds before I saw my pants shrink. Now it's about 10-15 pounds.

I'm thankful either way because eventually my body will catch up with itself. If you are eating healthy, exercising you are reaping the rewards in other ways whether it's inches, weight or internal health! :happy:
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did you just measure your waist? Measure your thighs, calves, arms, chest and hips. If you add up 1/4 inch here and 1/2 inch there, I bet you lost more inches than just the one on your waist. It all adds up. Keep at it, you'll see the results :)