Must have Cookbook

Options
mecasgirl
mecasgirl Posts: 64
I love to cook but I am looking to cook healther since I am now addicted to this website. :laugh: The cookbook that I have found with some very delicious recipes. The name of the cookbook is TASE OF HOME COMFORT FOOD DIET COOKBOOK. It is amazing. There is something in there for every person. It even breaks it down into weekly meal suggestions. The book has breakfast, lunch, dinners, side dishes, snacks and desserts. The items are broken down into calories so you know how much a recipe is before you attempt to make it. I love it so much that I have it on my Nook and I bought the hard copy of the book. I will be posting my favorite recipes very soon.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Another epic cookbook to have (even if you're not interested in this particular way of eating) is Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso. It's chocked full with good ol' fashioned clean eatin' recipes, and includes a shopping list and meal plan for 1 month, exercise plan for beginners to athletes, and how to get everybody on board. I think every family interested in healthy eating should own a copy! It's just that rad :)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love to cook but I am looking to cook healther since I am now addicted to this website. :laugh: The cookbook that I have found with some very delicious recipes. The name of the cookbook is TASE OF HOME COMFORT FOOD DIET COOKBOOK. It is amazing. There is something in there for every person. It even breaks it down into weekly meal suggestions. The book has breakfast, lunch, dinners, side dishes, snacks and desserts. The items are broken down into calories so you know how much a recipe is before you attempt to make it. I love it so much that I have it on my Nook and I bought the hard copy of the book. I will be posting my favorite recipes very soon.

I love IT! Got it in the mail this week.:drinker: So many great and practical ideas, quick, tasty, healthy choices but fun foods (comfort foods). Glad you're happy with your copy too! :wink: :tongue:
  • mecasgirl
    Options
    I have that cookbook and I love it as well. I find it so easy to mix the two together since they have plans for both. That way everyone is happy.
  • Becca_007
    Options

I love IT! Got it in the mail this week.:drinker: So many great and practical ideas, quick, tasty, healthy choices but fun foods (comfort foods). Glad you're happy with your copy too! :wink: :tongue:
    Looked through this some more tonight and WOW:love: , so many awesome fun ideas to try out! I hate the word diet in the title as I'm sure it throws some ppl off a bit.

I think they likely put it in there to let buyers know it's healthy yummy recipes that are creative yet simple to make, who knows. That word simply means the food we eat but it's got such an ugly meaning to most from past years of fad diets, sometimes it's still hard to brush off.:blushing: :tongue:

Happy Happy when I find a new cookbook I like:love: Always happy to try out new recipes:tongue:
  • myranda2888
    myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump, def. going to have to check this cookbook out:D
  • mecasgirl
    Options
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Oops my mistake!:blushing: Here's the one I have that I LOVE Best!!

" Taste of Home 2011 Comfort Food Diet Cookbook"
    http://www.shoptasteofhome.com/Comfort-Food-Diet-Cookbook-2011/41679,default,pd.html
    (shows nutrition info) Check out the comment section as it looks like you can find it for even a better price off of their site.:wink:

Absolutely love this cookbook and highly recommend it to anyone that loves to cook already or looking to learn how. Quick, simple, tasty but healthy recipes, also a menu plan up front. I would never have thought of it as a 'Diet' cookbook in the old sense of the word, but a healthy comfort food eating cookbook. :wink:

I had no clue there were so many editions, I guess I must have the newest one out? 2011

ETA: From looking at the site on Barnes and Noble, all the versions look like they'd be great, so whichever one you bought I really think you'd enjoy and find plenty of great recipes in.:heart:
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump - sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Bump