Subway

Options
2»

Replies

• littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I used to manage a subway, and we offer fresh avocado. We cut the avocados on the spot. We also offer spinach, always have.

I tend to stay away from Subway, because it is full of sodium. Not to mention, we were constantly picking out chicken strips that still had bone in it, and blood vessels [or whatever they were - they were nasty] but sometimes we were busy so those didn't get sorted out.

The meats smell DISGUSTING when we open the bags....very chemical. The ham and cold cut trio are the worst.

But, I still do go to Subway! :D I just try to do it once every few months. I love the melt, or the club. And for the breakfast sandwiches I get a sunrise melt with egg whites with the tiniest amount of chipotle I can get, along with bell peppers, onions, spinach, jalapenos, pepperchinis.
  • ChrisMarie118
    Options
    Love Subway!! I was just thinking the other day that I wish they offered spouts!

My usual is turkey on wheat with swiss most all veggies just no jalepenos or banana peppers and extra bell peppers, no mayo but a little bit of oil, unless I add avocado then I don't do oil. But I do also love their Orchard Chicken Salad too, but I try not to have it too often because I try to stay away from mayo :)
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I just googled the orchard chicken salad and it looks amazing! I doubt we'll ever get that here in the UK, I might re-create that at home though, looks seriously yummy.

It's quite annoying that we have less options and flavours in England for all the big brands and companies, If I ever go to the US I think I would spend a whole day in the supermarkets just looking at all the different foods! (and stocking up on Lucky Charms). I've just been googling to see all the different flavours that we'll probably never get; Clusterfluff Ben & Jerry's, gimme! Having said that I tried a twinkie from a milkshake place that sells american candy and I really don't see what the fuss is all about, maybe mine was stale :)

Lol maybe it's a good thing for my waistline we have limited choices anyway!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I love avocados
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My fav right now is the oven roasted chicken.. i get lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, spinach and honey mustard NO CHEESE.. it's really good. I want to try the orchard chicken salad but i am wondering how many cals and sodium is in that one for the 6" they had no nutritional info on that one last time i checked.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    My fav right now is the oven roasted chicken.. i get lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, spinach and honey mustard NO CHEESE.. it's really good. I want to try the orchard chicken salad but i am wondering how many cals and sodium is in that one for the 6" they had no nutritional info on that one last time i checked.

http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/freshfit_choices/orchard_chicken_salad/#

Scroll to the bottom and hit the + next to nutrition facts. If you hit +your build, you can add whatever you want to the sandwich and it will tell you the nutritional values as well.
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My favourite is the Italian BMT, had one today! Naughty, I know, but I was good the rest of the day so i didn't go over my targets =)
    Wish we had more choice in the UK, like Avocado and banana peppers! Yum yum!