so how do i log this???

Options
Ok i have a full time job that im very active sometimes but i also am a hair stylist. I only do hair once in a while because i work so many hours. Most of my hair styles take anywhere from 1.5 hours to 5 hours. Its not something i do everyday and it often makes me sweat (believe it or not its work) now my question is how do i log it? like today i did 4 hours straight doing hair.

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    depends on what you set your lifestyle activity for. if you have 'active', wayyyy do not log it! cause it's already counting it basically!
    overall, i wouldn't log it... but if you do - i'd just do like 10 mins standing or something like that. IDK! i have the same problem!
  • anitamartina
    Options
    There's another calculator on this website: www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc and it has hair stylist on it where you just put the amount of time you spent in minutes.

I see you're getting married in about 6 months! Congratulations! You look great in your picture without needing to lose any more weight, but, I know, the pressure is on!!!

take care.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I am a Massage Therapist and I log my massages (giving them) as "gentle stretching" for 30 or 60 minutes. I know that you are not necessarily "stretching", but like you, I know that I can definately break into a SWEAT when I am giving a good massage. I usually put it in under the actual time spent (for example, if I give a 90 minute massage, I may put it in as 45 minutes, etc). Good luck to YOU!
  • coderster
    coderster Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd log it.

I have a job that I count as "lightly active" (I stock shelves, yay.) When I unload the truck, I count that as extra because it's not something that I do on a daily basis. Basically, if I do it on a daily basis, I won't log it. Anything else (significant enough) gets logged. :D
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    There's another calculator on this website: www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc and it has hair stylist on it where you just put the amount of time you spent in minutes.

I see you're getting married in about 6 months! Congratulations! You look great in your picture without needing to lose any more weight, but, I know, the pressure is on!!!

take care.
    thank you so much, big help. Yea i have a few nice face pictures and as of this past year i put on about 50 lbs so im just trying to get back to normal or a few under normal ha ha
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    I am a Massage Therapist and I log my massages (giving them) as "gentle stretching" for 30 or 60 minutes. I know that you are not necessarily "stretching", but like you, I know that I can definately break into a SWEAT when I am giving a good massage. I usually put it in under the actual time spent (for example, if I give a 90 minute massage, I may put it in as 45 minutes, etc). Good luck to YOU!
    i usually log 1/2 the time i spend doing hair