water

Options
blueliss26
blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
I don't have any trouble drinking the 8 glasses of water a day, but what i'm wondering is... is there any benefit to drinking more than that?

Replies

• jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Eight glasses is actually a baseline recommendation. Depending on height, weight and activity level, you might need more, especially on days when you work out.
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There is tremendous benefit to drinking more than the 8 glasses depending on your weight. It is suggested that you drink 1/2 ounce per pound. Therefore if you are 100 lbs, you should be drinking 50 ounces per day. Also it is much more beneficial if you drink your water either hot or warm. Alkalizing your water is wonderful for your body in so many different ways. You can google the benefits if you wish (I am trying to type as I have children running around me right now). You can do this by adding a pinch of baking soda or salt and some fresh lime juice assuming you don't have a water alkalizer.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yes. Half your body is water so you should be drinking that just to keep yourself hydrated. When your body doesn't get enough water, it holds water because it knows it's not getting any more than that.

If I eat too much sodium, I bloat VERY easily. I aim to drink 20 8-oz glasses of water per day and it reeeeally helps. Also, if you drink alcohol or love salty foods, you'll need to drink more. Nobody likes to see water weight on the scale, even if they know it's water weight.