even steven???

Options
i have been staying within my calories, but i go over in fat almost everyday.
On top of that i seem to stay under in carbs.
is that a big factor in weight loss?
should I try even harder to plan lower fat foods; and should I up the Carbs more?

Replies

• catalysttc
    catalysttc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have been staying within my calories, but i go over in fat almost everyday.
    On top of that i seem to stay under in carbs.
    is that a big factor in weight loss?
    should I try even harder to plan lower fat foods; and should I up the Carbs more?
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I would try to keep the fat down and up the carbs. If it is good fats (avocado, nuts) then I would not worry about it as much, but don't got too far over.

Good luck.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I dunno-- call me kooky, I always just kinda figure a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.
  • pecksun8
    Options
    I wonder about that too, but you have to wonder if it's possible to burn certain types of calories in different ways? I mean you could eat a pound of brocolli and get a lot of vitamin this and vitamin that, probably get the runs too or you could eat a pound of butter (barf) and get a tad of this vitamin and a tad of that vitamin, but get loaded down with sodium, and saturated fat?

There has to be some truth to what you eat, or how you eat it, or how many calories are in something?

I don't know...:noway:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I was curious about the same thing. I hit my calories everyday, but I'm under or over on everything else...fat, carbs, protein...usually within 10 one way or the other...is it really that big of deal?? I actually try to go over on my protein and under on my carbs everyday. Does it matter?
  • Kali13
    Kali13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm always up on my protein, for some reason. Fat and carbs are fine, but I'm always over on protein by at least 30 or 40. Go figure. :ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am always almost double on my protein but stay within on my fats.

I have said this before, so sorry to repeat myself, but this is about getting healthy as well as thin.

If you eat a piece of fried chicken thigh vs a broiled chicken breast you are eating 3 x the saturated fat and non complex carbs. Also your calories are double or triple, so you get to eat less.

In the long run when you are in your late forties like me, those foods can cause high blood pressure, high cholesteral, heart disease.

The only person I know who has had a heart attack is 50 yrs old and 95 pounds. Her husband was the same way and he just died this year of heart failure :brokenheart: . i remember 10 yrs ago, sitting at the lunch table with her and a discussion on how she can eat anything she wants and not gain weight, as she ate her supreme pan pizza.

I hope this helps with perspective...