I like beer and I am a snob.

Options
13»

Replies

• hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love it. This topic just keeps them coming in! Make sure to read my post and subscribe!

http://www.businessoflosingweight.com
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    PS- Mt Dew and Cheerwine are my sodas of choice....
  • DRSRiley
    DRSRiley Posts: 26
    Options
    popeyes spicy fried chicken legs....the smell of it just weakens me....
  • oneflexis
    oneflexis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    pizza and rum and coke
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I had to make a bargain with myself. I wasn't okay with cutting wine & beer out of my lifestyle, so I just drink less of it in order to make it work.

This isn't a diet folks! You have to be able to eat the food you love for this to stick.
  • bfnp
    bfnp Posts: 58
    Options
    Mmmmm beer. Give me almost anything by Stone and I'm a happy man.
  • kevinthenerd
    kevinthenerd Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer snob, but at only 28, I can't say I'm an expert yet. Some of my favorite brands include Samuel Adams Noble Pils, Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale, Hop Stoopid, and Southern Tier Unearthly. I like a lot of small-town hoppy ales if I ever run across them too, and I just got started brewing my own (starting with a simple pale ale). In most cases, I'd rather try something new that looks like it would be interesting before I reach for an old standby. This is why, for example, I just HAD to try malt liquor, Steel Reserve, and PBR just once. ;-)

What's been said here is very, very true. Our Biggest Loser competition at work did more harm for me than good. I lost about 30 pounds in the months leading up to the competition, but I burnt myself out after a few weeks into it, and I fell pretty hard off the wagon. I can't deny myself 100% of the things I like. Moderation is a big key to success... at least for me. A lifestyle change needs to be sustainable.