I gained 30 lbs and I'm tired of being unhealthy...

yedda
yedda Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I'm new here. I got married about two years ago and with that newly wedded bliss, I gained a lot of pounds.

I'm trying really hard to lose all the excess weight but had a frustrating moment when an old co-worker poked fun of me and my weight. On the outside I was laughing with them but on the inside I wanted to crawl into a hole and just disappear.

After that incident, I decided that enough is enough! The best way to show them that I'll have the last laugh is to lead a healthier lifestyle and go back to my healthy weight.

Good luck to everybody!

Replies

• Hi! I'm new here. I got married about two years ago and with that newly wedded bliss, I gained a lot of pounds.

I'm trying really hard to lose all the excess weight but had a frustrating moment when an old co-worker poked fun of me and my weight. On the outside I was laughing with them but on the inside I wanted to crawl into a hole and just disappear.

After that incident, I decided that enough is enough! The best way to show them that I'll have the last laugh is to lead a healthier lifestyle and go back to my healthy weight.

Good luck to everybody!
  • Hi yedda! First ZI want to say I feel you on the gaining the weight- I gained about 25 pounds in about 3 months! Secondly, I want to say that it is horrible a co-worker would make fun of your weight! I wouldn't have been able to laugh-I would have been crying. You must be a strong person. Take it one day at a time. Make smart choices and workout. We will both get back to our thinner selves! Good luck!:wink:
  • Welcome. This site is awesome!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Hi, yedda

this site's advantage is that it's so dynamic and full of lovely people, that each day feels like a new beginning and your will gets freshened up :smile: . We're all in this together! :wink:

Keep up the spirit! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome!
    Yup, being "happily contented" WILL put the pounds on, won't it?!!!
    Between husbands I got down to a size 8, but went right back up to an 18 within a few years of being remarried!
    It's just like the joke: What's the difference between a girlfriend and a wife? 30 pounds!!!
    Didn't I HATE the fact that it WASN'T a joke to me!
    But, thanks to MFP, I'm well on my way to losing the weight that I wanted so desperately to lose!
    Between all the wonderfully supportive members, and the great food counter, the weight has "practically" fallen off! AND, it's been fun doing it!
    MFP is NOT a diet, it's a "lifestyle change". I thought it would be just another diet that I'd be "good" on for awhile, and then I'd get bored and want those "goodies", and would just give up. BUT, once I started seeing my daily numbers, and started working out (walking and dancing to fast oldies in my living room) the weight started coming off. About every 2 weeks I even reward myself with a McDonald's double cheeseburger, and even Chinese food sometimes! I just exercise even more, and really watch my numbers.
    I recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, since it tends to lead to better food choices. You can also weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just guessing and being way off. Drink tons of water too.
  • Kali13
    Kali13 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm a teacher, and I actually had a student ask me if I was pregnant last year!

I just went ahead and said, no, I'd just been enjoying too much red wine and chocolate since quitting smoking. I said it with a smile, too. :happy:

Then (heh heh) I proceeded to make fun of the fact that she'd asked me. By the time I was finished, I think she was making a silent vow never to ask that question again! :tongue:

I also overheard another student commenting on the size of my butt about a month ago. :frown:

I know it may not quite make you feel better, but at least it lets you know, you're not alone. :flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Howdy from Tennessee, been there, done that. I have been re married for a year now and after a 38 lb weight loss, I gained 26 back, ahhhh wedded bliss?? No family and their problems got in the way. can you say stress eating???

Nut I am back, lost 6 lbs sonce 8-11 and I am doing great.

Good for you to come join us!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Welcome. This is the place to make new friends and learn a LOT...can you believe it is free!:noway:

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Wow, I am so glad I joined this site. As I was reading your comments, all of your lovely words put a smile on my face and made me more determined to lose the unwanted pounds. Thank you all.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    I joined a week ago and I feel the same way. I even made converts of my husband and two sisters-in-law. They joined this week too. It's a great site. Welcome!
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Welcome Yedda,
    we're glad you're here!!!
This discussion has been closed.