What's the best running shoe for under $100.00?

Options
c_ramey
c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
I am looking for a running shoe that absorbs shock well, and is light weight for under $100.00. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    bump... I'm looking too.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Love my New Balance, and they are frequently under $50 if you shop at Big 5 sporting goods. I recently also got some great Nike running shoes at Kohls. They were on sale for $55.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store & get properly fitted. The shoe you buy will be the best one for $100!
  • dominiquederooij
    Options
    Hi there,
    There are actually quite a few good running shoes to choose from, even under $100,-.
    Check the link below for reviews of cheap running shoes and a long listing of shoes under $100,-:

http://www.best-running-tips.com/discount-running-shoes-women.html

The Nike Air Pegasus or New Balance 763 or Brooks Adrenaline GTS or Mizuno Wave Elixir are all very good choices.

Kind regards,
    D.
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    If you can I would honestly go to a running store and get fitted for a pair. You can have them fit you, they watch how you run and see where you land on your foot. At least you should do this for your first pair. You can really injur yourself if your shoes dont fit properly. I didnt know I had a high arch and enventually ripped my achilles tendon with my long distance running. I will never do that again. I love Asics personally but I have another appointement at Athletes foot to get fitted, wanting to check out Newtons. Good luck!
    I am looking for a running shoe that absorbs shock well, and is light weight for under $100.00. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike free runs for indoor use. The grooves get little rocks in them and it's annoying. For outside use on the trails I love my Saucony Xodus 2's. But Asics and Adidas are good too. And Adidas just put out a new shoe called Oscillation that my boyfriend just got and they're a bit cheaper than Nike free runs with all the same benefits of the barefoot feeling, super flexible, breathing shoe.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Nike Air Pegasus is my favorite (actually -- it's the ONLY shoe I'll run in!).
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I too am interested in a good walking shoe, i have bunions and alot of shoes rub and make it really painful which in turn makes it hard to walk as much
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I have not ever been a runner, but I like running alot more than walking. I didn't realise you could be fitted for running shoes. Also thanks for the names of shoes for I can look them up!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    For me: Vibram Five Fingers. I have run in both the KSO Treks ($124.99) and the new Jaya LR ($99.99)

Goodbye: Brooks, Nike, Reebok, New Balance, Avia, I just can't go back now that I'm injury and pain free.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Nike Air Pegasus is my favorite (actually -- it's the ONLY shoe I'll run in!).

I have these too - wonderful running shoes!