For the love of Tuna

Options
Are there any other individuals out there that make tuna a regular staple in their everyday life? I eat it for lunch pretty much every day and just love the nutrition values of it. It can be in salad form with a little spinach and lettuce or just alone, with a few Wheat Thins. I am just in heaven when I eat it. :bigsmile:

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am not a tuna person. I do lke canned white chicken in water. Thats my "tuna"..

Tuna is great for you, just make sure its in water not oil :)
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    it's be far not a staple in my diet- but i do enjoy it every now and then- i havent had it with wheat thins though, now i will try that next time i get a tuna craving.... thanks!!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started eating tuna on Fridays during Lent. Now, I still buy it and eat it at least once or twice a week!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am not a tuna person. I do lke canned white chicken in water. Thats my "tuna"..

Tuna is great for you, just make sure its in water not oil :)

I hate pretty much anything packed in oil! I eat the packages, not the cans and if I can't find it in water, I am not eating it. :)
    I also like the canned chicken every now and then but I mostly grill or bake all my chicken and then make chunks which I freeze. Nothing like a chicken salad on a night when I don't feel like cooking.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I lovvve tuna. I eat the sealed packages in water, too...I use it to make a quick tuna salad.
    Yummy & healthy.~
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    I eat it often (3-4 x per week). I just switched to starkist select very low sodium and love it. Mix it with a chopped dill pickle and eat it on rice crackers. So yummy!!!
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    Nothing better then some fresh Tuna ;}

I also love tuna steaks cooked on the grill !!! Yummy
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yep indeed. Normally I do not like fish, but I greatly enjoy the Spicy Thai Chili tuna (85 g). Have one most every night on whole dark rye, 25 g of protein right there, low calories and only takes a second to open. Also good thrown into a tomato salad.
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Want a healthier tuna salad, try swapping the mayo with a roasted red pepper hummus, or any hummus really, I just like the roasted red pepper. YUMMO!
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the the fish part in the diet. My favourite is sockeye salmon.. Many benefits for that too.
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have been on a special diet for a few months I can't have mayo or salad dressing of any kind so I use tuna a lot! I mix it with hummus (lots of different flavors out there) and I either eat it on special bread or spread it on top of a salad (this is the best use in my opinion) love it!!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I eat it at least two or three times a week. I love it. I mix mine with a tablespoon of light mayo and a tablespoon of dill relish. I love it on a half of a thin bun and a slice of melted cheddar cheese....Yum. Just figured out what I am making for lunch today.