JM 6 week 6 pack question

Options
Hello,

I did Level 1 of 6 Week 6 Pack yesterday, even though I'm working out using Ripped in 30 currently. So, my question is, I woke up today with my back really sore. My abs are hardly sore. Does your back hurt as well? Or did I do the postures all wrong? It's funny that a "6 pack" DVD would make my back hurt... I did find it difficult to get all the movements right during the 1/2 half of the DVD, when Jillian went completely crazy and just rushed from 1 exercise onto another. I don't plan on using this DVD until I'm done with Ripped in 30, but I thought that I would just ask anyway. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• imogenboo
    imogenboo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Same happened with me actually, though the more I do it the less my back is aching. I guess its because its a core strengthening DVD, so your back muscles are used as well.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    yes I've recently done the 3 weeks at level1. You will get used to it. You have done the posture incorrectly. Jillian says you have to do back exercises to balance out doing the core work. In all honesty, it took me at least the first week to get used to the routine and only then was I able to match my breathing and timing and hold my stomsch in so that my abs DID ache as they didnt for the first week.... as you notice, she says at one put that your abs should be burning by now... well mine never did until I got used to the routine... My advise is to stick at it until it all comes together... she does go through it real quick I found....
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I did 6w6p for the first time yesterday too - my back doesn't hurt though. I just wanted to comment because you made me laugh when you said, "...when Jillian went completely crazy". My husband was in the background so he could hear the DVD and we were both kind of chuckling at the way she talks to you. :)

It is a lot harder than I thought to keep up with all those exercises!!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yeah she does go crazy... you just have to get used to the routine then you'll be fine.. thats one she does on one arm and one leg then you bring the bottom leg up...ouch!!! (the one just before the bum/leg raises at the end)
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    LOL. I guess I DID do the postures wrong then! I wasn't finding it so difficult to keep up, but I did have trouble getting the postures correct. So I spent the first few repetitions watching her and the girls. Who gave her the idea of just rushing through all the exercises again with twice as speed during the 1/2 half? :grumble: I would rather do higher repetitions than do it the way she made this workout regime...anyway, she's the instructor and she gets us results. That's all that matters.

My husband worked out with me for the first time yesterday. He gave up after around 15 minutes. Hehe. He took a long nap right after doing this DVD. I don't think he's gonna workout with me ever again.

Thanks ladies for your help! :smile: