How do I maintain?

Options
Hi! I started around 118lbs and my goal weight is around 105lbs. Yesterday I was at 106.2 lbs. I didnt feel great yesterday, so I didnt eat much. When I weighed myself this morning I was 104.8lbs. I dont want to get any smaller. So what do I do now? If I stay at 1200 cal, it shows that in 5 weeks I'll be around 103 lbs. How do I know how many calories I should be eating now?
Also, I need to tone my stomach now. It's not too bad (I bought size 0 shorts yesterday!! :) but after I had my daughter 20 months ago, the Dr said something out stretching out my "bar muscles" in my abdomen. She made it sound like it wouldnt go back to normal. I hate to think that is the case. Any suggestions for busy, working mom that I could do at home, as I dont have time for the gym.
Thanks everyone!

Replies

• rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Go on this page: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
    And then under 'calories burned' it should say
    From Normal Daily Activity: and next to this there should be a number
    That number is how many calories you should roughly eat per day just to maintain your current weight (:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    switch ur goals to maintain ur current weight under tools :)
  • cherifrog
    cherifrog Posts: 2
    Options
    Take your BMR and multiply it by 1.2 to 1.7, depending on your daily activity level....1.2 being sedentary ( working at a desk, no exercise, etc.) and 1.7 being very active, on your feet all day,etc.... There is a formula I easily found online. It will give you a general calorie number that would be a good starting point. Weigh in regularly and twice the calorie number as needed. I hope this helps!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yup. Just change your goals to "maintain current weight."
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i'm currently in maintenance (though i am often under my net calorie allowance). you need to change your goals so that you lose 0lbs a week.
    for abs, i thoroughly recommend getting a swiss ball as it is so versatile as a piece of home gym equipment - even if you just sit on it when ever you would normally seat yourself at home, it will help engage your core. my favourites are doing the plank, supporting yourself on your lower arms on the ball, or lie on the ball and support your feet against a wall and do crunches.
    best of luck maintaining!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    You need to switch your goals on the site and it will guide you.
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I'll go change my goals now! And thanks for the ab ideas!