Motivation please!

Options
I have lost over 40 lbs. and it took me from January to June to do it. I was able to participate in a world wide competition for singing, I made it to the top three in the finals, and I was so excited about that. The only problem is when my daughter came home from college over the summer I just kinda lost focus on my exercise I went from six days to none. Today I began my exercise program again and I feel good about it.
Is there anyone that has ever been in this position?

Mamah Kim

Replies

• MamahKim
    Options
    I have lost over 40 lbs. and it took me from January to June to do it. I was able to participate in a world wide competition for singing, I made it to the top three in the finals, and I was so excited about that. The only problem is when my daughter came home from college over the summer I just kinda lost focus on my exercise I went from six days to none. Today I began my exercise program again and I feel good about it.
    Is there anyone that has ever been in this position?

Mamah Kim
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Congrats for making third thats awesome! :flowerforyou: Many people start over. Your not alone in that area. Personally at times I have to start over daily!! haha

Welcome back and good luck with your weightloss!! Congrats on what you have lost thus far! :bigsmile:
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Yes, but I haven't lost over 40lbs! Congrats!

My daughter also came home for the summer and my husband and I started our new eating and exercise two months previous. Well she came home and it all went out the window. But...the last two weeks she was here, we started to get back to eating healthy.
    After she left, we both kinda started to exercise again, but I didn't really get back into it until the first of the month. I made a deal with her that she would see a large weight loss when she comes home for x-mas. That's a big motivator!
  • bethskiles
    Options
    88002.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:smile: My theme is "Never Give UP!". I have "started over" several times myself. It is easy to get discouraged but taking each day, one step at a time will get you there. You can do it. By the way, you look beautiful in your picture- I love your outfit. I spent 2 years in Tanzania and you remind me of some special friends I made there.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I feel off all summer. Getting back on track now.

Summer was a tough fight for me.
  • pecksun8
    Options
    The one good thing about this summer, is that I really made an effort to get out there and do things with her this year. Which was so great!
    We went to as many natural springs as we could. We snorkeled about 14 different springs and took pictures underwater together too. I think the springs helped her with her fear about water, nothing major but the normal fear kids have with the deep end in the pool, or waters that they can't see through. All the springs were so clear, I think it helped her with seeing what really goes on under the water.
    It was so great.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the worst! My fiance is very thin so he eats all unhealthy stuff all weekend and it is a struggle to say no and keep to the gym. Everyone has those rough patches.... just take it one meal at a time... one day at a time and build yourself back up. 40lbs in 6mo is a major accomplishment! I find it helps to remember how easy it is to put on weight and how hard (and long it takes) to get it back off. You don't want to waste all that hard work ! :) good luck!