Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Carb cycling and Carb loading

MeekMeals
MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
For the "lifters". Are anyone of you carb cycling or carb loading then fasting with BCAAs? Heard it was a good method. Also, I need some good stackers....

Thanks
Tameka

Replies

• cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    ok im not a "lifter" per se yet, but I just started incorporating lifting more into my routine. i have been fasting for 14 hours a day and eating 3 meals and a snack. I seen great results. Im doing the leangains intermittent fasting. I heard BCAA are good to take while you are fasting and give u the energy to exercise and lift before you break your fast. Im definetely thinking about giving that a try. I take Casein powder before I start my fast and that helps me stay full and my muscles feed off of the casein while im sleeping. Its a slow digesting protein. It especially helps when I work nights and I stop eating after 10:30 p I dont get hungry during the night at work while im fasting. I hope this helps a lil...You looking so great girl, keep up the good work!
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    For the "lifters". Are anyone of you carb cycling or carb loading then fasting with BCAAs? Heard it was a good method. Also, I need some good stackers....

Thanks
    Tameka

BCAAs are great as an pre/intraworkout drink.
    As far as carb cycling and carb loading goes.

Carb cycling is in a way caloric cycling. If you're doing Leangains or IF of some type, you should already be doing carb cycling.
    Basically, higher carbs on lifting days, low-to-no carbs on off days. To fill in the caloric gap, you adjust fat with a steady protein intake.

If you are constantly in a caloric deficit, therefore also probably being in a low carb state; then a refeed every 12-14 days can help regulate hormonal levels.
  • MeekMeals
    MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
    GOOD INFO!!! THANKS PALS!!!