worlds heaviest man

Options
Did anyone else catch the show on Discovery about the worlds heaviest man? He hasn't left his room in over seven years.

If anyone is down or depressed about their weight, then you need to watch this.

Understandably, we all put ourselves where we are right now. And he got himself to his size of 1,225lbs. But my heart still goes out to him and hope he gets to where he wants to be.
He did lose 30% of his body weight, just by changing his diet. But the doctors, say that's as far as he can go on his own, he will have to have surgery to lose more. It's sad and an eye opener.

His biggest goal is to be able to walk again.

6194636653220944_CIMG7356.jpg
Manuel Uribe

Replies

• pecksun8
    Options
    Did anyone else catch the show on Discovery about the worlds heaviest man? He hasn't left his room in over seven years.

If anyone is down or depressed about their weight, then you need to watch this.

Understandably, we all put ourselves where we are right now. And he got himself to his size of 1,225lbs. But my heart still goes out to him and hope he gets to where he wants to be.
    He did lose 30% of his body weight, just by changing his diet. But the doctors, say that's as far as he can go on his own, he will have to have surgery to lose more. It's sad and an eye opener.

His biggest goal is to be able to walk again.

6194636653220944_CIMG7356.jpg
    Manuel Uribe
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I saw.......=o(

I hope he can get help..
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    it is sad - makes you want to make sure you're taking care of yourself now!

I had this thing for a long time about dieting or whatever... but I'd say when I read Xpounds I will really fight to loose the weight.

It''s not about that - it's about a healthy lifestyle that you maintain day after day!!
  • Canelitas
    Options
    I had read about it last month, he was able to go to the beach, (by a forklift), he lost 395 pounds, He now weighs about 840 pounds. To read more, go here [url] http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17509907/ [/url]
  • pecksun8
    Options
    I will have to keep an eye out for his story. Tha's great that he is trying to lose all his weight by changing his diet. Kudos to him and I hope he makes it.
  • pecksun8
    Options
    You know, just to see what was out there, I googled morbidly obese people and well was kind of really appalled at some of the stuff that is out there. I just can't believe what some people will say, write, post, about people who are overweight.

There were pictures titled "morbidly obese" with a picture snapped of someone's backside walking down the street. Some of these people were not even close to being obese? And then some of the articles people wrote about their morbidly obese spouse and then continued to call them names throughout the article were a little disturbing.

I am all for freedom of speech, and free rights, and all of that, but God, it just seems like where have we gone in this society. It's just so easy to humiliate or even kill someone then to do something that is right or helpful.

It's really sad.

I am sure this has been said since man started looking around and using concepts and ideas and seeing how different personalities react to different situtations. It is amazing to see just how much we have done and what we have come from, but at the same time to see where we are going, what we are capable of in both good and evil. I just can't help but think what we are really capable of and what we could really achieve if we all wanted it.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I saw the story too...it is so sad. I really feel for him!
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Some people are just plain rude and don't care if they hurt others, but as one of my friends always says.... Hate me or Love me, you're still thinking of me, and I'm still enjoying my life.