Finally back from my mini-vaca

Options
Had 2 days in NYC to watch the Sox play the Yankees for the last time in Yankee Stadium. Was a great trip, but I didn't really get the chance to log into MFP this weekend. Then immediately went down to Cape Cod for the rest of the weekend. I actually did ok with the plan. I mean, we did a ton of walking in NYC, I didn't graze, which is good, I drank 2 times (well, 3 but who's counting the 3 beers I had yesterday!) and I did about 30 minutes of swimming in the pond yesterday, so overall, while I probably gained a lb. Could have been much, much worse.

Anyway, I'm back now, a little less stressed out after a few days off work, and hopefully able to get back into my running!

Missed you guys.

-Banks

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Had 2 days in NYC to watch the Sox play the Yankees for the last time in Yankee Stadium. Was a great trip, but I didn't really get the chance to log into MFP this weekend. Then immediately went down to Cape Cod for the rest of the weekend. I actually did ok with the plan. I mean, we did a ton of walking in NYC, I didn't graze, which is good, I drank 2 times (well, 3 but who's counting the 3 beers I had yesterday!) and I did about 30 minutes of swimming in the pond yesterday, so overall, while I probably gained a lb. Could have been much, much worse.

Anyway, I'm back now, a little less stressed out after a few days off work, and hopefully able to get back into my running!

Missed you guys.

-Banks
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We missed you too Banks!!!!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    HEY, NEXT TIME TELL US YOU'RE LEAVING! Thought you did a disappearing act on us or something!
    :wink:
    Welcome back!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Rock on bro! Watching the last game in the house that Babe built... gotta be a lot of sentiments there for sure!:smokin: Later this month I have tix to go see the Tigers... errr, the *****cats, against TB. Last home stand of the season, and silly me, thought that the game then might actually mean something... sigh...:grumble: :huh:
    But welcome back, you've been missed! *fist bump*:happy:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Banks! :drinker:
  • banks1850
    Options
    Thanks, guys. You said it J. It was an awesome game too. Damned Giambi ruined the sweep, but Lester was Dominant! Still, Yankee Stadium is a mess and it's well overdue to be torn down, despite it's obvious history. And although I've been a Red Sox fan since well before the '86' debachal, I think Fenway should come down too. It's not gonna, but damned if I go to more then 2 or 3 games a year there, it's like sitting in a clown car for 3 hours. Although I have to say, the atmosphere around Fenway is a MILLION times better then Yankee stadium.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm a little jealous. I've never been to Yankee Stadium, even though I call myself a New Yorker. It sounds like your vacation was relaxing and fun!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Banks! Glad you had a good time :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hope you had a great time. I was up there the 1st of August and the Yanks, Mets and Phillies were all out of town.My son works for a Jersey minor league and if would have been fun to go with him to the old stadium before the tear it down.

We were in Sox territory but I cant afford those tickets.

Thanks for all your posts- I bump ya all the time (dont tell my hubby! :blushing: )
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys. You said it J. It was an awesome game too. Damned Giambi ruined the sweep, but Lester was Dominant! Still, Yankee Stadium is a mess and it's well overdue to be torn down, despite it's obvious history. And although I've been a Red Sox fan since well before the '86' debachal, I think Fenway should come down too. It's not gonna, but damned if I go to more then 2 or 3 games a year there, it's like sitting in a clown car for 3 hours. Although I have to say, the atmosphere around Fenway is a MILLION times better then Yankee stadium.
    AAAAAAANYWAY
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hola, amigo! Welcome back, sounds like a fine weekend.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    ...I bump ya all the time (dont tell my hubby! :blushing: )

Must be his super powers :devil: :laugh: :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad you had a good time! :) Awwww, it makes me sad to think of not seeing Yankee Stadium anymore! :(
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad you had a good time! :) Awwww, it makes me sad to think of not seeing Yankee Stadium anymore! :(
    It's gonna suck not going back there but will be exciting to go to the new stadium.
    Hubbz and my 7 y/o are going to the last game.
  • banks1850
    Options
    It's gonna suck not going back there but will be exciting to go to the new stadium.
    Hubbz and my 7 y/o are going to the last game.

I just hope they build out the area around it like fenway. If you're only experience in a professional team is Yankee stadium, you GOTTA go see a game at Fenway, or Camden Yards. These places are a full carnival experience, where as Yankee stadium is just kinda plopped down in the middle of the Bronx, like 6 or 8 bars around the edge, and lots of cops. Fenway, they close off a whole STREET, and I don't mean an alley, I mean a full, 2 lane, middle of the city street, and set up booze, consessions, they have the Sports TV crew out there interviewing past players, there are baseball clowns, music, and everything.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    New Yorkers don't mind it being "plopped down in the middle of the Bronx".
    I grew up in the Bronx... easy access.:tongue:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Never been to either Fenway, nor Yankee Stadiums, but I love Wrigley Field! It has all the beauty, history, and atmosphere that make a great ball stadium. I abso hated the multi-purpose monstrosities they put up in the 60's and 70's... thank gawd they're coming down now!