Question for anyone who needed to tone and loose under 20 lb

Options
I had to loose about 10 lbs and tone up, after having twins and really not working out and dieting hard, I just wasn't where I wanted to be albeit lucky that I wasn't gaining weight...

I've been working out for over a month, I feel pretty hard. I have dieted pretty well, though I know I could do better....

My question is: I'm not loosing weight or loosing inches!!! I do feel toned abs underneath the fat...but I still have to trim off the fat....

Has anyone had this same issue and over come it? How long will it take? What did you do?

My food journal is open and honest...I know the obvious...cut out white carbs, and some foods....but anything I could be missing?

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Yep, I worked out hard at the gym for several months and only gained weight at first. I think it was the new muscle. I joined this site about a month ago and knocked back my calories a little and actually lost 3 lbs in the past month and not too many inches. I think it takes awhile to start seeing scale results. I am trying to lose just 10 pounds and tone up (just turned 40 and my metabolism suddenly is slowing down :mad: ) Stick with it and try to drink lots of water and mix up your workouts, and be patient for results.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm pushing 40 and I'm doing pretty much everything you mentioned....I think that patience is what I need...and to amp up my diet a bit.
  • pork_belly
    pork_belly Posts: 144
    Options
    The last leg of the journey is always the hardest. You have part of the answer already - look at your diet a little more closely. There is only two things you can do. Tighten up the diet and or add more muscle. These two are not exclusive. Keep perservering and you will make it.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying away from candy! It stinks to go from eating whatever I wanted my whole life to having to be careful now. But since I've making working out a part of my routine, I really look forward to my ME time at the gym on the days I can go. I'm sure with some patience and a little diet adjustment, it will come off :wink:
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I started at 144 and it took me 3 weeks to lose 1 lb!!!! It takes time. Now the weight is coming off and I couldnt be happier. Just be patient and keep doing all the right things and u will see results!!!

sw- 144
    cw- 128
    gw- 120-125
  • k_ewilliams
    k_ewilliams Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm same way.
    I feel better, but then I look at mirror and scale and measurements and no real improvement
  • notarra
    notarra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dutchess, I am having the SAME problem!!! My goal is to lose 10 lbs and tone up. I started at 140 and have been working out hard and counting my calories closely for almost a month (granted I've had a few days here and there that I'm not proud of). I've lost only 1 lb!! I am really discouraged. My pants aren't really any looser either (so not many inches lost to speak of). Like you, I am feeling stronger and more toned, and I know I'm in better shape as I can do a workout DVD straight through with no problem that I had to pause several times when I first started out. Just wishing there would be a little more evidence of my HARD work. It doesn't seem worth it right now...
  • cmcghehey
    cmcghehey Posts: 5
    Options
    Read "Making the Cut" by Jillian Michaels -i had been pretty much following that before i bought the book yesterday - I've lost 10 lbs (1.8 of the 11.8 on my ticker was clothes and shoes... didnt realize they weighed so much).

I started out at 136 and now am 124 that was about 2 months ago. I've been exercising at least 5 times a week sometimes more. I've been doing alot of cardio and circuit training. 125 was my goal - but i am now focusing on toning - after having 3 kids - 125 doesnt mean you're toned.

I eat less than 1200 calories per day - low car, high protein, low fat.

As far as inches go - i've lost a few inches in the tummy and in the hips and chest. I noticed those before the lbs came off. Stick with it.
  • g_warne
    g_warne Posts: 28
    Options
    Sounds like me! So frustrating. I had been gradually losing weight in March without a problem, then I went on a week long trip to Eua Tonga for university studies. This involved a ton of physical exercise but we did eat a fair bit too to make up for the extreme physical nature of the trip. The way I was going I thought I'd be about same when I got back. Nope, gained 5lbs in a week and now it won't go away! I've been trying to be careful with calories and exercise lots but I actually gained 2lbs :( Just not sure what to do next? It's been almost a month now. I'm trying a reduction in calories as worried that maybe I estimated my fitness level too high so I've been eating a maintenance amount? We will see. I certainly feel your pain!
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    I'm same way.
    I feel better, but then I look at mirror and scale and measurements and no real improvement

YES! Exactly!
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    Dutchess, I am having the SAME problem!!! My goal is to lose 10 lbs and tone up. I started at 140 and have been working out hard and counting my calories closely for almost a month (granted I've had a few days here and there that I'm not proud of). I've lost only 1 lb!! I am really discouraged. My pants aren't really any looser either (so not many inches lost to speak of). Like you, I am feeling stronger and more toned, and I know I'm in better shape as I can do a workout DVD straight through with no problem that I had to pause several times when I first started out. Just wishing there would be a little more evidence of my HARD work. It doesn't seem worth it right now...
    I know, it feel like why bother... worst part is I'm not "overweight" so its easy to just give up.

I guess I'll just stick to it, add a little extra cardio and hope the fat melts...
  • k_ewilliams
    k_ewilliams Posts: 43
    Options
    I know, it feel like why bother... worst part is I'm not "overweight" so its easy to just give up.

I hear ya
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    Options
    I feel the same way. I've been working out and trying to eat right everyday. In the summer I know I'll tone up because of all the activity I do but for some reason during the year my results won't stay and I can't make my goal. I don't know what it is but it's super annoying
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    But you said it yourself, you feel better:smile: