12 pounds is a LOT on us short girls :P

christina_michelle
christina_michelle Posts: 225
edited September 27 in Success Stories
So this was me last year around 145 pounds. I don't have any pictures from this March when I weighed this much but it was about the same.
lastyear-1.jpg

This is currently me this morning weighing in at 133.2 lbs
Pic0330.jpg

I have definitely changed! No high calorie foods for me! Much smaller meals but 6 times a day! I have always struggled with about 20 lbs of weight and am finally taking care of it! Just 12 lbs and look at this! I'm very proud! ANYONE can do this too! Add me if you'd like motivation (:

Replies

• jdubsmuscle
    jdubsmuscle Posts: 67
    Way to go!!!! You're doing great!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Haha great title...word up for short girls!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    5'3 right here-trying to lose 20 since I joined! I FEEL YA!
  • adrianan3
    adrianan3 Posts: 1
    Congrats!! i agree....i lost 26lbs over a year ago and was stuck at 141, i have since gained about 14 of it back and boy does it show!! I am only 5'1" and makes me look large and stocky.....HORRIBLE....my frame isn't built for that extra weight. So i am glad to see that my goals are feasible......thanks for sharing! :0)
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    very true!!!! i look awful 5 pounds heavier than i am now, and great 5 pounds lighter! there is only 10 pounds in it for me

YOU LOOK GREAT
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    I'm 5'3 and I'm hoping when i reach 130 I look that great.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Wow! I'm amazed and motivated! I'm 150 pounds or so when i started, maybe 155 and 5'3', trying to get to 130 and want to look like that!
  • Oh the woes of us shorties! 5'2" and I need to be at the most 125 to not look like a blob, and have been working hard to get there. Ankle stress and shin splints a many, but I'm inching closer!
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Very encouraging. We are the same height, and 148 was my starting weight - I hope I can look as good with 12 pounds off! Thanks for sharing - good motivation for me.
  • sticki
    sticki Posts: 9
    I hear you girl! I too am 5 4" and just this morning I weighed in to find I've lost 12.6 .lbs! I have had friends comment on the fact that I look like I have lost weight and I feel way better in my clothes. I had set my goal to loose a realistic 15 lbs because I have found it so hard to even loose 5 lbs in the past.......well, I'm almost there and now that I feel "I CAN DO THIS" I plan to loose an extra five. :) I am turning 40 this year and it's time to make that change for the good! Keep up the good work you all!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    You look awesome!!! I'm about at your starting weight now so this is extra motivational for me. Thanks!!
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    OMG!!! you look great!!!! Big difference! I know, I'm 5'0....12lbs is a LOT for a short girl
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    4'11" here! Trying to lose another 10lbs *fingers crossed*
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    it sure is! yay for you. I am at 132, started at 135 and aiming for 125 for now. And I am 5ft 1
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    That's great, thanks for posting those photos.

I'm only 4' 10" and while it takes a LOT longer to lose weight when you're this size, it really does show. I've "only" lost 10lb since joining this site, but that's two inches off my hips and nearly the same off my waist!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    You look incredible!!! Way to go!!!
  • rklein88
    rklein88 Posts: 71 Member
    amazing!! congrats on a great journey so far...i'm jealous, i've lost 20lbs and it hasn't made anywhere near the difference 12 has for you. but i am 5'9"...those inches in height make a huge difference!

Congrats again, keep it up :)
  • bmorebatman
    bmorebatman Posts: 50 Member
    this is great!!
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Wow. I weigh 133 lbs right now and I WISH I looked like you..... That extra 4 inches helps a lot. Jealous.
  • cecrossley
    cecrossley Posts: 46
    What a change! SO jealous of you little girls! I know it goes both ways; a five pound flux doesn't effect my jeans fitting, but man, would it be nice to lose 12 lbs. and have it make that much of a difference! Great work!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!