Whats your favorite thing to do with boneless,skinless chick

Options
2»

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I just ran a google search today for "leftover rotisserie chicken" and got a bunch of recipes. The one I made tonight was for "Oven-fried chicken chimichangas"

2/3 cup salsa
    1 tsp gound cumin
    1/2 tsp oregano
    8 oz chicken chopped
    3 oz shredded cheese,
    2 green onions (I just used a little plain onion)
    6 8" tortillas
    2 TBSP margarine or butter (1 tbsp is plenty!)

Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Put about 1/4 cup in the center of tortilla and wrap burrito style. Place seam down on a baking sheet, brush with melted margarine and bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until golden. Garnish with extra salsa (cheese & green onion, if desired).

**the only problem was the salsa I chose (leftovers I dont' usually buy) had a TON of sodium in it so check your labels if you're going to make it.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the jalepeno cream cheese chicken. Use fat free cream cheese....mmmmmm!

Recipe please!
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love to stuff chicken! Especially with low calorie/low sodium cheese!!!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/broccoli-and-cheese-stuffed-chicken.html

Hungry girl had like three recipes on one link... I can't find it!!! But they are out there are they look & taste amazing! You can stuff it with anything though!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Pepper Casserole - AKA - Mexican-flavored whatever's available

It goes something like this...and varies according to the contents of the cabinets:

Diced chicken, seasoned with garlic, pepper & cayenne (I like it spicy)
    3 bell peppers (I like to use one of each color) boiled and diced
    Whole grain brown rice (prepared)
    1 jar organic salsa/1 can diced tomatoes/Diced fresh tomatoes (cuz they're just sittin there going bad, LoL) - don't drain
    1 bag frozen cut corn
    1 can fat-free refried beans (rarely use)
    8oz fat free sour cream (almost always use - helps give the casserole the 'goop' type consistency)
    Fat free cheddar (I use in shameful amounts because I love cheese)

Once all things that need to be cooked are cooked and cut, mix everything together (minus the cheese...or cheese included as long as you have some leftover) and put in a 9x13 glass Pyrex. Top with more cheese. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes.

YUMMMMMMnation
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Orange Chicken:
    -brown the chicken on both sides, but don't cook it all the way
    -let it sit for about 5 minutes and then chop into cubes
    -add orange juice (freshly squeezed is best, of course) and soy sauce (or some other asian sauce you like) to the pan
    -add cubed chicken back into pan and let it cook all the way

The sauce will reduce to a slightly carmel consistency and you have extremely healthy orange chicken w/out the frying! Add some healthy rice and some veggies and you're set!

But my favorite thing... chicken burritos!!
  • lauren0985
    lauren0985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Here is the recipe for the jalapeño cream cheese chicken....absolutely fantastic!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,2339,155181-233201,00.html
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    Broil:

- Mix equal parts yellow mustard and honey. Coat. Broil. Flip. Coat. Broil. Serve with Saffron Rice and Green Beans
    - Coat with garlic powder. Broil. Flip. Coat. Broil. Serve with zuchini, whole wheat pasta and red sauce.

Crock pot:

- Chicken breast, can of low sodium black beans, bag of frozen corn, jar of garlic lover's salsa. Cook on low 8 hours. Serve.
    - Chicken breast, cubed pinnaple, 1/2 cup water. Cook on low 8 hours. Serve over white rice.