Eating too much protein.

Options
I find that if I eat protein, I don't get hungry.
If I eat the amount of protein my diary says I should, then I'm hungry, despite eating the carbs.

I find it really difficult to keep to the protein limits. Is this harmful??????

Replies

• Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i dont think so...i think you'll be fine.
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    mfp protein levels are set pretty low.. you can adjust your macros manually if it helps.:flowerforyou:
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    mfp protein levels are set pretty low.. you can adjust your macros manually if it helps.:flowerforyou:

I agree. I set my protein intake to be 30% of my calories, along with 30% from fat and 40% from carbs.
  • lady_daraine
    Options
    The key is to find how much protein you need to only get hungry when you are supposed to eat. Generally, it's recommended to get about 0.8g of protein for each pound of lean mass you have. Thing is, if you are craving protein and eat what you are craving, it's generally because your body needs it. Also, as long as you are getting the calories you need, don't worry if you only eat one or two times a day. Not that long ago, it wasn't uncommon for people to eat that way (think serfs working on a farm in England, for example) so obviously the body is set up to deal with it by giving you hunger pains when you need to eat again. If you eat when you are hungry (and don't eat when you aren't, lol) than you'll be fine.
  • bellyto5k
    bellyto5k Posts: 26
    Options
    I just had the same question and got some GREAT responses.. I guess as long as it is not overkill you are fine,,, Im just keeping it in check and low on carbs!
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    no way! I changed mine manually to have more protein and less carbs, just because my body works better that way... :)