Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Most are missing the point

2»

Replies

• Jennkidz
    Jennkidz Posts: 6
    Seems there's a lot of opinions on the diet pop/soda vs. water. Here's what I was taught. Remember it's been a few years since I was in college, so the details are a little fuzzy but. . . the general idea is still there. Pop/soda contains an acid (yeah, the one that cleans the old batteries in the car). That acid "block" something in your metabolism (told ya it's been a few years), the result. . . you can drink all the pop/soda you want, it's NOT going to help with the weight loss other than not adding to the calories. Where water, does not block your metabolism, and hence, will aid to your weight loss.

Also, water - can be translated into anything NOT carbonated. Juice, coffee, sugar free koolaid (which is what I drink, I like the flavor). . . anything. But - watch out for carbonated water . . .

I do like my vanilla coke zero - and since I rarely drink coffee, this is my caffeine to keep me awake during the night (night nurse) but I try to get my water in as much as possible.

Hope this helps