I hate water weight

Options
I have a problem with water weight. I feel bloated a lot. I can even feel it in my hands. I am trying to decrease salt. I admit I am a salt addict. I drink more than enough water. It is all month long, not just during my cycle.
I am frustrated. Does anyone else have this problem or any advice?

MK

Replies

• mamakitty
    Options
    I have a problem with water weight. I feel bloated a lot. I can even feel it in my hands. I am trying to decrease salt. I admit I am a salt addict. I drink more than enough water. It is all month long, not just during my cycle.
    I am frustrated. Does anyone else have this problem or any advice?

MK
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Try Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - must get it at a Whole Foods / Health Food store. Bragg is the most common name on the shelves. Make sure it is the kind that contains the 'mother' - no the clear kind.

Everyday - Add 1 tablespoon in a large glass of water in the morning on an empty stomach.

since I have been doing this I don't even get water weight during PMS. Reducing bloating almost immediately and combats days where you don't eat as well as you should have!!

Good Luck!!
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    dandelion leaf tea...you can get the lose leaf at whole foods...check herbs.com to find out contraindications and the amount to use

it takes a couple of days to work, and you should really use it on a daily basis...there's really no quick fix to combatting water weight, it takes a ton of trial and error...:drinker:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I hear the tea thing works very well. I know I can't stop running to the bathroom when I drink my tea before bed.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I also drink various teas (when I am not lazy to make myself one :grumble: ). And I also hate the watter weight :(. I think this is what keeps me on 0 right now. Not that I'd be eating like a queen, but I think I ate pretty well yesterday as I was outdoors for more than half that day; I also biked for like 2hrs and played frisbee. Yet, when I got home I drank one glass of watter after another and ended up not losing a gram :(. I know I just have to be persistent, but sure is discouraging.