Easiest vs. Hardest.

hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
edited September 27 in Chit-Chat
What were the hardest, and the easiest things for you, when it came to starting your lifestyle change?

For me, the easist thing was drinking more water. I loooooooove water. I had absolutely NO problem drinking 100oz a day. Yummm.

The hardest, was learning what foods I was supposed to eat to fuel my body/workout. It was easy to cut calories, not so easy to figure out which calories/macros I HAVE to put into my body.

Replies

• MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Water is still the hardest part for me. Being a teacher, tutoring multiple hours a day after work, and going to classes doesn't leave a lot of time to run to the bathroom... imagine only being able to go on a schedule! Yeah... and people say teaching is easy! hahaha. I think the easiest part for me is hitting the gym. I love it... while it does still kick my booty, and some days I have to drag myself there, I love it because it is my ME time. I don't have to think about work, bills, or school there. Its really my only time to myself!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    easiest exercising.

hardest eating healthy. 30 lbs later after 7 mos its still a struggle
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    i dont think anything was easiest for me...now its easy to keep on track with food, but my hardest was most definitely counting cals..then it went to counting cals AND fat, then cals, fat, AND sodium..
  • hush7hush
    Yeahhh, working out is GREAT.
    Definitely awesome to have time to yourself.
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    hardest - k so i use to drink water non-stop like literally all day everyday then once i started my lifestyle change i just couldnt bring myself to drink it as much, because i know i have to and i tend to the opposite of what i ahve to ? haha . but i broke that, and i drink as much as possible. also the hardest thing to not snack when i was hungry, angry or bored. i still snack when im angry but not for the others

easiest- sticking to eating healthy .. and remembering which foods are best and always checking calories and labels
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Easiest: getting back into my gym routine and drinking TONS of water
    Hardest: figuring out how to best fuel my body for workouts...I never seem to get enough protein!
    Also difficult: learning how to deal with food and portion control in social situations
  • hush7hush
    I need one of you awesome individuals to tutor me on what to eat. :D
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Babyhush, one of my favorite things to do is look at other people's diaries and steal their ideas! haha Why reinvent the wheel, ya know?
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Great topic Kailee...haha

Mine would be the Easiest was exercising...i really enjoy it....just had to make time.

The hardest is drinking that water...i just cant get past 4 cups....i will overcome this though...i WILL!!!:)
  • hush7hush

Mine would be the Easiest was exercising...i really enjoy it....just had to make time.

The hardest is drinking that water...i just cant get past 4 cups....i will overcome this though...i WILL!!!:)

Ellie;
    I'll drink your water,
    and you hit the elliptical for me, yeah?
    Sounds good. :)
  • hush7hush
    Babyhush, one of my favorite things to do is look at other people's diaries and steal their ideas! haha Why reinvent the wheel, ya know?

Great idea!
    Yours is open, right? [;
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Easiest - Working out

Hardest- Nutrition balance
  • JEK717

Ellie;
    I'll drink your water,

Haha You drink my water.....and i will burn your cals...deal?

Will MFP let us get away with this..shhhhh lets keep it a secret!
  • hush7hush

Ellie;
    I'll drink your water,

I don't think mfp will notice, as much as our bodies do.
    You'll be all dehydrated,
    and I'll be all tone-less.
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Well your making the first step, ¬your on here with the intent to lose weight. While this site is great and the people are great, this site can only do so much, it’s up to you to do it.

You can do it, it’s not easy but the things that are worth it aren’t easy. But, they’re well worth it in the end!

I’d recommend start to read or research whatever you want to call it. You don’t have to be an expert on the matter, but you will get to know a lot about food and nutrition and exercise.

I would also recommend on doing some kind of exercising. Exercising of some sort is almost mandatory, losing weight can be done without exercising, but it will take at least twice as long and not as effective.

A link about nutrition
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/lowcarb.htm

A link about dieting
    http://exercise.about.com/sitesearch.htm?q=What+is+a+proper+diet?&SUName=exercise

Another link about nutrition
    http://exercise.about.com/od/nutrition/Nutrition.htm

I use About.com a lot for research.

You can do it, just stay with it. Even when you get frustrated.

Good luck in reaching your goals!

Dustin
  • JEK717

Ellie;
    I'll drink your water,

I don't think mfp will notice, as much as our bodies do.
    You'll be all dehydrated,
    and I'll be all tone-less.

Haha yeah...already been dehydrated once.....guess wont do me any good again:)
  • hush7hush
    And I've already been fat for too long.
    It's not doing me any good either.
    I wish you were here to be my gym partner.
    I'd MAKE you drink water.
    Uhhhh, Els, just come live with me. :D
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Hardest - cutting down on sugar. I am rubbish at it, and I don't even eat much sugar compared to most people. I don't add it to anything, I don't eat cake or biscuits, but just fruit and milk (in unsweetened cereal) take me well over my quota every day.

Easiest - Exercising. I love it.
  • JEK717
    And I've already been fat for too long.
    It's not doing me any good either.
    I wish you were here to be my gym partner.
    I'd MAKE you drink water.
    Uhhhh, Els, just come live with me. :D

Haha lets move to New York togetha(sure that sounds A LITTLE weird but only cuz you have a weird mind if you mention it:wink: )...I'll get you to use the exerciser machine...and you can hold me down with a water bottle in my mouth and get me to drink my 8 cups!!!!
  • hush7hush
    Not 8 cups, 8 glasses!
    We need to pump at least 64oz of water into that little body of yours.
    And I like to run, so as long as we get a treadmill, I'm GOLDEN!
This discussion has been closed.