New & LOTS of weight to lose..anyone else??

Tinyfairy
Tinyfairy Posts: 2
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,
I've just joined MFP tonight and I have a serious amount of weight to lose.
I have 7 stone to lose.. Is there anyone else in a similar position with such a huge amount of weight to lose??
Would love to talk and chat xx

Replies

• AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    I am in the same position. I have 120 lbs (8.5 stone) to lose! But, I am ready for it.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Hi, I have about 6 stone to lose
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Not sure...how many pounds are there in 7stone?
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP :D When I joined I too had around 7 stones to lose, after a month or so here, I now only have 6 :happy:

This place WORKS!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can kick each other's *kitten* when we need it!

Good luck :D
  • february01
    february01 Posts: 14
    Hi i have 6 stone to lose, everyone is really helpful here, this is my first day and i have received so much support , you can add me as a friend if you want :smile:
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Not sure...how many pounds are there in 7stone?

14 lbs = 1 stone, so 98 lbs :smile:
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    i had 55lbs to lose to get to the very top of overweight
    only once i'm there will i look at moving to the helthy section
    but my GP says its around 7st to lose in total :o(
    am 6ft 1 too

feel free to add me if you wish - profile and diary open to all
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Welcome! This is such a motivational site and everyone here is going to help you, for sure! I don't know much about stones but in terms of weight, I have a good bit to lose and I am just taking it one day at a time. You can do it and with the help of these wonderful people, it will get easier and easier over time.
  • MarthasMum
    MarthasMum Posts: 26
    Hi, I joined five days ago and have 10 stone to lose. For the first time, ever, I feel I can do this. x:wink:
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Hi there, welcome. I have about 7 stone to loose and as daunting as it is I have been on here 4 weeks and am still feeling really positive. I have tried so many diets and gimmicks and this is really working. You have taken the first step so lets go for it. Angie
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I have 8 1/2 stones to lose. Sounds way better than pounds
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    I have more than that to lose - over 8 stone (120 lbs). Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TXMayFlower
    TXMayFlower Posts: 25
    Hi All!

I'm a newbie. I LOVE the concept of "stones" - it DOES sound so much better than pounds! I originally had 7 1/2 stones to lose, now I have around 5 1/2 or so. I am currently doing Medifast, but I found the MFP website so much better to use for keeping track of everything. It's so cool how they already have my MF food in the food tracker. And from what I can tell, you all seem like a really supportive group to hang out with.

I started off at 255.5 lbs on March 23 and I am currently 230.5 (25 lb loss so far). It's going pretty well, but I do have moments where I get so frustrated and want to eat my arm off, but I just think of how quickly I'm losing and how I am already down to a weight I haven't been in years. I'd love to make some new friends here and be a friend to anyone who can use one!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • Otterheart
    Otterheart Posts: 9
    Hello everyone from the British Isles!

If I remember correctly, isn't a stone = to 7 pounds (oh if that were sterling pounds!)
    Maybe I should do that as an incentive! 1 British Sterling pound for every American weight pound! I could afford to stay in
    a B&B or Inn or may even a hotel! for a night or two by the time I am down!

Anyone game for a pen pal? I so have the travel bug but am unemployed so am daydreaming of all the travel I'll do when I get a job, pay back the loans, save for airfare.....hmmmm I better get a REALLY GOOD job!

:)
    Have a good week!
    Terri/otterheart
This discussion has been closed.