Im new - Motivation and tips please

Options
All

Im new to all of this, Really feel the need to gt back into shape and get healthy, Im a little worried about kepping my motivation levels up. does anyone have any advise?

How does everyone else keep motivated?

I dont enjoy gym environmentsbut enjoy social/team sports does any one know of any good clubs in the essex area?.

Thanks for reading

D

Replies

• skyspun
    skyspun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I hope you get the most out of this place that you can. :)

As for motivation... I think it really is a personal thing that varies depending on why you want to lose your weight. My motivation comes from the weight that I used to be. And logging everything I eat to see if I can make it under my calorie count every day makes it almost like a game. I hate exercising, but seeing the calories I put in and how exercise sort of "deletes" them makes it more satisfying...

Having a group of people to support you and share your goals helps a lot, too. I love that a lot of my friends are starting to sign up for this, because it creates a circle here where you can comment on their achievements and help them along. I also have it set up to tweet about my weight loss and exercise - which helps, because it makes me want to do better.

So it's all in why you're here! Good luck... :) And feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well your making the first step, ¬your on here with the intent to lose weight. While this site is great and the people are great, this site can only do so much, it’s up to you to do it. ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

You can do it, it’s not easy but the things that are worth it aren’t easy. But, they’re well worth it in the end!

I’d recommend start to read or research whatever you want to call it. You don’t have to be an expert on the matter, but you will get to know a lot about food and nutrition and exercise.

I would also recommend on doing some kind of exercising. Exercising of some sort is almost mandatory, losing weight can be done without exercising, but it will take at least twice as long and not as effective.

Exercising can be as simple as walking, which is always a good one. Joining a gym is great(don’t let it intimidate you, they’re all people with the same goals. To get in better shape!) As soon as you get used to going there, it is a great place to learn more “Tricks of the trade” on getting in shape. Treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical machine, swimming, spinning classes, aerobics(Actually a good place to start, if you’re not used to exercising)

A link about nutrition
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/lowcarb.htm

A link about dieting
    http://exercise.about.com/sitesearch.htm?q=What+is+a+proper+diet?&SUName=exercise

Another link about nutrition
    http://exercise.about.com/od/nutrition/Nutrition.htm

I use About.com a lot for research.

You can do it, just stay with it. Even when you get frustrated.

Good luck in reaching your goals!

Dustin
  • djj267
    djj267 Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks for the links

I will check them out

one of my my biggest problems over the last few years is making enough time in the day to do everything, about 8 months ago i changed my job (giving my more stress, responsibilty not including the longer hours and more driving too and from work)

I will start with looking through the nutruition info and see if i can make a step change to my diet.

Im joining a sports club this week so i hope i can really kick on a lose these extra pounds.

thanks again

d