What should I expect

Hazelhaze05
Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks that I've been eating good, and exercising. I originally went down 4 lbs the first few days(water weight I'm assuming), then I've gone back up 1 lb. I'm getting so frustrated and it's starting to affect my outlook on eating good. I put my all into this and i'm not getting anything out of it.

Should I be feeling a difference by 2 weeks?

Replies

• Yatashie
    Yatashie Posts: 61 Member
    You should most definitely be FEELING a difference, in your energy levels and the way your body functions, however weight really depends on the person. Don't get too caught up on the scale and numbers because they can be discouraging. Monitor how you feel and how your clothes are fitting and try only weighing yourself once every 1-2 weeks :)
  • Hazelhaze05
    I feel a lot better, as far as the vitamins I've been taking and not eating junk. Definitely more energy... But, clothes and scale are the same lol I'm OK with being tired and skinny lol
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I second what Yatashi said ...try not to get too caught up on the scale number. Being a woman - you will have some natural weight fluctuations anyway (TOM). It could be you had a higher sodium day - and you are just retaining water. Be sure to weigh yourself at the same time of the day also.
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    that would be two pounds per week for average..... that is great.... give it time!
  • Hazelhaze05
    Thank you ladies for the kind words... Guess it's just frustrating. Who know's maybe I'll wake up in the morning and the scale will be down lol

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    You might change your view to see the sodium and sugar in what you are eating. This has made a difference to me - to try and drill down to healthier choices! Hang in there - you can do this!'
  • cherilyn221
    cherilyn221 Posts: 62 Member
    It took me a month to lose 2-1/2 pounds...then voila!! five pounds came off in the next week!!
  • cherilyn221
    cherilyn221 Posts: 62 Member
    The magic is in not giving up or giving in. Keep going it will happen.
  • Hazelhaze05
    In the past I would have been knee deep in junk food by now lol But, I'm not doing that this time! I look back at all of the times I started this healthy lifestyle and didn't follow through, I could have been skinny by now... This time I will be skinny, but I'm sure it will piss me off along the way lol
This discussion has been closed.