Completed the first Day of Couch to 5K!

Options
I know just Day 1 is minor - but a huge step for me. Haven't been very active and never able to run before (Always tried to just start running). The Couch to 5K program is great - put it on my android phone - so I know when to change from walking to running, etc. Posting simply to make myself accountable and to embrace my new found healthy lifestyle! Yeah! Thinking about joining a gym also. This site is very encouraging. I have to admit I'm getting somewhat addicted to seeing what everyone posts and the different discussions.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    that's GREAT :D
    I'm starting week 4 tomorrow. You'll be amazed at how much will change by week 4. I'm seriously surprised by the progress i've made in such a short time!! I love it. Running is addictive :D
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Glad it went well for you. I am starting C25K with my hubby James. His co-workers started a runnin club and are looking to do a 5k in August. I am hoping C25K will jumpstart our running.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 today too! It felt great! Haven't run since being forced to in high school! LOL
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did the first day today! It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Good luck to you! :)
  • Ruby53
    Ruby53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi there I did exactly the same as you today!! it was brilliant, looking forward to trying again on tuesday!! good luck to you too?
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I'm gonna start it....just need to DO IT!! Good for you!!
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just started day one today too! Congrats on your accomplishment.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I know just Day 1 is minor - but a huge step for me. Haven't been very active and never able to run before (Always tried to just start running). The Couch to 5K program is great - put it on my android phone - so I know when to change from walking to running, etc. Posting simply to make myself accountable and to embrace my new found healthy lifestyle! Yeah! Thinking about joining a gym also. This site is very encouraging. I have to admit I'm getting somewhat addicted to seeing what everyone posts and the different discussions.

ok. I have looked into this... what is the site you are using? There are so many, and some are not free. I do not have a smart phone. I was looking for one I can download to my ipod. Thanks guys!

Jenn
  • cupcake009
    cupcake009 Posts: 6
    Options
    I started day one today too!!! I loved it! I've NEVER been a runner or had the desire to run...it was EXHILARATING!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I just did week 1, day 1 of C25K too. I have never been a runner. I did sports in high school but track wasn't one of them. It felt awesome. I am looking forward to Tuesday when we can do it again. I am doing it with a friend.
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For those w/o smartphones you can download podcast versions of the couch-to-5k program in itunes or you can go to the website & print out the run/walk intervals and keep track on your own as you workout. Here's a link to one that will be useful on a treadmill: http://c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html and other tips can just be found on this website as well: http://c25k.com/

I did the iphone app program and it was very helpful but also participated in a local running club's version where the coaches would just yell, run or walk as we went. We were pretty spaced out at times so I just wrote on my hand the minutes I was to be walking (1-3W) and the minutes I was to run (4-5R for example) for the entire routine and kept track with my own stopwatch/timer. That way I could just glance down at my hand to make sure I was where I was supposed to be in the training.

Good luck to all of you!! This program really does work. : ) Happy running!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yayy! It really is a great program. When I looked ahead, I was seriously intimidated. I thought there was no way I'd be able to do it as 1 minute at a time was a struggle for me. I'm on week 8 now.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I just did Week 1 day 2 using the app on my droid. It does feel great. I can barely run the full minute so I have no idea if I will make it to week 2.
  • addiandal
    addiandal Posts: 2
    Options
    Way togo on completing today and here is to the rest of week 1! Good luck!