100 Hundred Pushups Sept 1st

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Just to give y'all some encouragement...to show you how well you are doing.

I tried to do a push up yesterday and ended up taking a nap right there! :laugh: :laugh:

You guys are awsome!:heart::heart:

:laugh: :laugh: That's too funny!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I tried to do a push up yesterday and ended up taking a nap right there! :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: That's too funny!

Thought you'd like that! :bigsmile:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I dropped the ball this week Pups...didn't start Week 2 again yet...have not quit, just got sidelined by boyfriend's agenda...he didn't work alot of hours this week.

Hope I can do at least 2 sets of 4 from plank so I don't have to slide back to week 1...will get back on track within the next couple of days.

Also have boyfriend's Mom here this weekend and maybe next week...that will put me behind in my workouts for sure...goal is to maintain Week 2 level till I can get back to my normal routines.

Take care Pups...will get back soon!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You are hilarious!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Everybody still with me?

Week 3-Day2-left column-plank style:
    17 (min 15)

Woo-hoo! Today I probably didn't go quite as deep because I was just trying to finish them as quickly as possible - but I kept my body straight and had good form otherwise. So I am pleased - 73 total!

Go PUPs! :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I'm still here CP! Congratulations on doing 73 push ups! That's awesome! :smokin:
    Today is Week 5 Day 3. I'm still pretty sick so I may have to take longer than 30 second breaks but I will get through! I'll do the test to move on to week 6 Saturday night probably. I kind of think I am going to have to redo this week just because I still won't be up to par by the time I do the test or by Monday. But I could be surprised!
    Alright, now where's Lavender? :tongue:

Okay finished day 3! I took 30 seconds between the smaller levels and waited two minutes before doing 30.
    I just noticed they changed the shirts to "Doing the hundred" instead of "Did the hundred". I was kind of disappointed, but I will still get one. I can order one now instead of waiting until I've accomplished it I guess.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Oh silly me. I went to cafepress.com and looked up hundred push ups and the "did" it ones were there. So I will probably wait.
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Just did Week 2 - Day 1 from plank:

1 - 4
    2 - 4
    3 - 3
    4 - 3
    5 - 6

Will start Week Two - Day 1 again on Monday...also want to get my ballet bar out and do some Fluidity Pullups as well...I stretch really well and practice yoga and breathing as well but my arms are still looking a little short and chunky...going to superset the pushups with pullups.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Good to see you fat dancer!

Well, I am a bit disappointed with myself. I did my push ups test this morning before moving on to week six and I was only able to do 36 push ups. :cry: So I need to do week 5 over again. Maybe it was just from being sick that I just couldn't do more. I will be doing week 5 day one level one(maybe level two) on Monday. *sigh*
    CP how are you doing?
  • cp005e
    Options
    Whew! I am doing well. I just finished Week 3-day 3. Who knew I could do 20 pushups in a row?!?! :noway:

MM, I wouldn't feel bad about having to repeat week 5 - that looks like a tough week!! 36 pushups is awesome - especially considering you have been sick! I bet you will do great repeating on either level 1 or 2. I am happy that I don't have to test again this week - so I will be moving on to week 4 (probably still in level 1, though maybe I could do level 2 now?) on Monday.

FatDancer - Glad to see you back. Pushups AND pullups? Wow. Go you!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I'm repeating week 5 day 1 level 1. I seem to be struggling more this time than I did last week. Maybe it's because I am trying to stick to 60 seconds. I did the first three sets after 60 second breaks, but I was about to collapse, so I did the 4th after 90 sec. Still really hard. I'm giving myself two minutes before finishing with 30. 126 push ups. I wonder why it seems harder for me this week. I am still getting over my cold. Maybe that's it.
    How are you doing CP? You've come a long ways over the last couple of weeks! :happy:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Thanks! You are doing great. I have noticed that some days seem easier and harder but I have just been chalking it up to my energy levels. It looks like week 4 is pretty similar to week 3, so I am doing what you are doing this week - trying to stick closer to the rest periods specified. The last set was tough.

Week 4-Day 1:
    17 (min 16)
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    They changed the program on the website I noticed. I think I have decided to go with the original plan this week. I may change to the new one next week. I'll just have to see.
    Today was Week 5 Day 2 Level 1 Original plan. I can tell I am getting stronger because I was able to do all the sets with 45 second breaks which I couldn't do last week. I did 33 on the last set instead of the minimum 30. So total :125 push ups.
    I sure hope I can do at least 45 this weekend for the test! I'd like to be able to move on!

Wow CP! You're already up to 70 push ups a day! That's awesome! You're just about caught up with me. Don't be intimidated by week 5 like I was. You can do it! It looks bad (easier now on the new program) but it's not too bad. You're doing great!
    MM
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Greetings! Everyone is doing wonderful!

I performed Week 2 - Day 1 from plank again (boy pushup)...only this time it was:

1 - 4
    2 - 6
    3 - 4
    4 - 4
    5 - 7

I've fallen behind in the program a bit, (my boyfriend is spoiled), but maintaining my ability level...I'm here and will continue the program at my own pace...will continue to post to this post.

It is getting rather long...I think I like it better when we start a new on Mondays...

I cannot believe how many pushups everyone is gaining...the human body is miraculous...I love the ability to make strength gains...I still want to superset with pullups...am considering purchasing that new door jam bar.

Will report back soon!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Cp and Fat dancer, you guys are doing great! Keep it up. It's all right if you've fallen a little behind FD. Just keep it up!
    I did week 5 day 3 level 1, all with 30-35 second breaks! I did 34 at the end, 4 over the minimum! That last one was sacrificing my posture though. I SHOULD be able to move on to week 6. I would think! I will test tomorrow night or Sunday morning and post.
    CP let us know if you get an email back from them about the change. I am curious to hear!
    Gotta run (wth arms dragging the floor!). Have a great weekend ladies!
    Melissa
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in? I just did the test yesterday and did 19. I'll start next Tuesday with the plan. . .:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Welcome V! You are off to a great start! I started with 6 so 19 is really awesome!

I decided to do my test this morning. I thought I might use my arms too much today and be too tired to do them tonight. My goal was fifty consecutive. I started compromising my form in the 40's but I did make it to 50 before I couldn't do anymore! Wow. I've come a long way. I never would have thought I could do 50 in a row! Half way there! So I am starting week 6 on Monday!
    CP how are you doing? Fat dancer are you still able to stay with it?
    See you all on Monday!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Whoops, I forgot to post again. I did Week 4-Day 2 on Thursday (72 total):
    16 (minimum 15)

Week 4-Day 3 today (84 total!):
    20 (whew!)
    19 (minimum 18)

I have a feeling that I will probably be repeating week 4 (I'd have to get 31 on my next test to move on). I am thinking I might repeat with the "new" plan. I sent an email to Steve Speirs (the guy who set up the hundredpushups.com website) asking about the change, and here is what he sent me:
    Apologies for the change. I sent out a mass email the other night to all the people I have on file explaining about the changes.

Here's an excerpt:

"Based on the enormous amount of feedback received over the past two or three months, I've spent many an hour fine-tuning, tweaking and updating the six-week program. Many of you felt that the plan had too many "tough" spots and the jump to certain weeks were too severe. Along with several very helpful push ups people, I've personally spent the last four or five weeks creating and testing a better six-week challenge. The rate of progression should be smoother but the results just as impressive. Remember, attempting the hundred push ups challenge is no mean feat, and it will definitely test you to your limit. Hopefully the improvements will be well received. If you're halfway through the program and looking for the original plan, Weeks 1 through 6 are still available for a limited time at the following locations:

http://hundredpushups.com/o_week1.html
    http://hundredpushups.com/o_week2.html
    http://hundredpushups.com/o_week3.html
    http://hundredpushups.com/o_week4.html
    http://hundredpushups.com/o_week5.html
    http://hundredpushups.com/o_week6.html

Thanks for understanding and please continue to provide feedback on both the new and old six-week programs."

Your progress is impressive and it's great to hear from you. Thanks for the feedback!

Apologies for messing you up and I promise, no more changes,

--Steve

MM, I am so impressed with you! I started out doing 6 as well (once I did the first 2 weeks on my knees, that is) - so it is incredibly inspiring to see your progress. You rock!

And welcome Vivia! You are quite strong already, so I'm sure you will do great. You might even be able to jump ahead to week 2 or 3 (he suggests starting at week 3 if you can do more than 20 in the initial test). But feel free to start at the beginning - maybe that'll give me a chance of finishing by the time you do. :wink:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, you're doing great. Don't worry about repeating week 4. I had to repeat all of them except 1 and maybe 2. You're going great and you are sticking with it! Thanks for posting Steve's email. I think I will try week 6 with the new plan. I seriously doubt I will be doing 100 push ups by next weekend (unless by a miracle) so I am going to probably then do week 6 level 2 the following week (if I pass level one!) and build up that way. I do hope to be able to do 60 next weekend. If I do 60 then I will go ahead and order the "Did" it shirt instead of the "doing" it because I am pretty sure I'll be able to make to the 100 in the next month.
    So week 6 tomorrow! Yikes!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'll start at the beginning. . .I'm going to have to tweak the plan just a bit, as I'm trying to work with a trainer every weekend. So, I sort of started yesterday, I did three sets of 12 pushups. My trainer calls them "caterpillar pushups" where you start in a forward bend, walk your hands out to pushup position, do a pushup and walk back. For those of you who've done the Biggest Loser powersculpt, I call them "Bob pushups":tongue: I also did bench press, so my chest/armpit/shoulders are sore, sore sore!

MM, you are my hero! I can't wait to be able to say that I can do 50 in a row!