Surprised at foods

Options
pawpaw10
pawpaw10 Posts: 4 Member
Im fairly new to myfitnesspal. I joined because my sister is on it and she is a long way away from me, a way for us to help each other across themiles. I have been surprised that some of the foods that I was eating thinking they were good or healthy for me are very high in calories. I know we dont always have to look just at the calories but, i have been shocked.

If you want to drop a note and say hiya, i will always welcome new friends. I have a long journey ahead of me. I want to donate a kidney to my brother and have been told that in order to do that i have to loose about 70 lbs. I am determined to help my brother so here I go.

pawpaw10

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    what a great motivation for you on your journey!
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    that is so wonderful to help your brother out. my friend's husband needed a kidney and his sister donated hers to him. He is doing great. It was a perfect match.
    I too was shocked when I saw how many calories are in a banana, I thought oh i will just eat fruit when I am hungry. ahhh!!!! I was eating loads of calories but it sure did taste good:)
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    You are awesome! So happy you are doing this for you and for someone you love, and with someone you love! How cool!
    You are right about the calories in some foods that are marketed as good for you! I was surprised too. Also the sodium in some stuff is outrageous! I never watched sodium before MFP but it does it for you and I kept going way over on sodium and staying good on calories, turns out most foods that are low cal or low fat are HIGH sodium, which makes you retain water and bloat! Who knew? Not me! LOL You will learn so much here. Good luck to you and I am adding you to my friends list, hope you accept! :)