what to do with my Avacado??

Options
2»

Replies

• thebirchtree
    thebirchtree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Guacamole!

You can also do the 1980s restuarant favourite and bake it in the oven with a bit of brie on top.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Slice and sprinkle with salt, black pepper and lime juice. Eat with a spoon. So yum. my fav way to eat them!
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    I'd make it into guacamole and just eat it with a spoon :D

It's also great sliced up on a salad
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I mix it with peas (blend/puree) and greek yogurt with lime zest and juice, finely diced fresh jalapeno, and cilantro.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump,
    I know they are good for you - protein - but I need some ideas too.

Thanks!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite new, and super filling snacks, is to mash an avocado with some pico de gallo (or any chopped veggies you want - onions, etc), or just the avocado, and spoon the mixture into the middle of a piece of turkey, roll and eat! I call 'em avocado turkey rolls - no brainer!
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I like to slice it up & put it in salads or on top of chicken with a little bit of swiss cheese then bake it!!Yummo!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I'd slice it and eat it with big juicy fat king prawns in a salad of lettuce, onion, plum tomato, cucumber and peppers.

For the dressing, I always use lime juice with Avacado - and if I have any in the fridge I stir a teaspoon of Thai Green Curry paste into it too. That adds flavours such as garlic, chili, ginger and lemongrass which go well with avo and prawns. :smile: