MFP Cycling Gang 9/1/08

Options
Sorry I didn't get this started earlier today y'all. I was too busy sulking and pouting and throwing a tantrum.

I'm off the bike for a break until later in the week. But that doesn't excuse the rest of y'all!

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get this started earlier today y'all. I was too busy sulking and pouting and throwing a tantrum.

I'm off the bike for a break until later in the week. But that doesn't excuse the rest of y'all!
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did 12.7 miles this morning with my husband. We rode the course for the triathlon we'll be doing on 9/28. Nice and flat.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I only did 6 miles today, but it was a rest day and I just wanted to do something light.

I'm comitting to 40 miles this week and at least one spin class.
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    41 miles for me yesterday... taking today off :tongue:
  • dothompson
    Options
    10.5 miles mountain biking today. So 16.5 for the week against my 40 mile goal.
  • shorerider
    Options
    WOW, y'all are doing great so far!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - 10.5
    Weds - 22.3
  • shorerider
    Options
    I got back in the saddle today after a break--got in 19 miles. Humidity is still just unbearable! I came home and was just dripping sweat. :frown:

We're supposed to start feeling the effects of TS Hanna tomorrow and Saturday it's supposed to come right near us-so looks like no biking for me for the next 2 days anyway.
  • dothompson
    Options
    10 miles today, for a total of 26.5 for the week (plus one spin class) against my 40 mile goal. I think I may have set the bar too low. The weekend is coming!!!!
  • jadaigle
    Options
    Just added 13.4 miles on the trainer.
  • jadaigle
    Options
    It's raining like crazy here and getting windy. DH and I are planning a 65 mile ride tomorrow. It should be clear and sunny by then, but I'm concerned about standing water and downed trees.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how cold it is here already. I'm not one to hop on the bike when it is 30 degrees outside when I wake up!
    But I gave it a few hours and bundled up good. Did a loop up in the Park for 27.5 mi today. And last Tues I did a section of it for 18.4 mi.
    I am hoping it warms up so I can do one of the canyons for about 43 mi before the season is over. Definitely enjoying the new bike so far!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I can't believe how cold it is here already. I'm not one to hop on the bike when it is 30 degrees outside when I wake up!
    But I gave it a few hours and bundled up good. Did a loop up in the Park for 27.5 mi today. And last Tues I did a section of it for 18.4 mi.
    I am hoping it warms up so I can do one of the canyons for about 43 mi before the season is over. Definitely enjoying the new bike so far!

30 degrees? WOW!

We've "survived" TS Hanna--some rain, windy all day--steady 30-40 with gusts to 51 mph. I told DH I was almost tempted to jump on the bike and catch a tail wind!! :tongue:

Lots of limbs down here, too. We're going walk around our little town in a bit and see how it fared.
  • dothompson
    Options
    I definately set the bar too low this week. I'm currently at 36.5 miles this week plus two spin classes. My goal was 40 and one spin class. Since I have a two hour ride scheduled for tomorrow I'm sure I'll blow through the goal. I'm going to think about what I want next week's goal to be.
  • jadaigle
    Options
    My husband and I just got back from a 67 mile ride on this beautiful day! That puts me at 93.1 miles this week.