Getting frustrated with myself on the 30DS

Options
frats
frats Posts: 96 Member
I am on Level 2 Day 5 of the 30 Day Challenge. I haven't missed a day and I feel like I ahve been pushing myself. For many exercises I work at Natalie's level, but for some I have to switch to the other one (what is her name?!?). I also do about 25 minutes on the elliptical every other day. As for calories, I count them using the data base on this site, but I don't measure anything, I just ball park everything, but I try to be honest.

Since February, I have lost about 17 lbs (using the elliptical, Wii Fit Plus, and Wii Biggest Loser Challenge). Since starting 30DS, I haven't lost a pound or any inches. It's tine to give me some encouragement!

Has anyone else had Jillian fail them?

Replies

• aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    I didn't lose right away as far as pounds go..I noticed inches first and then pounds. Did you do any of level 1? Keep at it-you'll build muscle as you shed fat which I'm pretty sure is why you don't notice the pounds coming off first. Hope that helps!
  • carolynnjoy
    carolynnjoy Posts: 18
    Options
    A friend was doing Jillian and felt hypoglycemic after the work out. She didn't drop pounds or inches, and went back to her normal routine and started loosing. She just didn't feel good doing it.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have lost quite a bit with Jillian DVDs. I do t do just that though. I Zumba twice a week too. Need that extra cardio. I HAVE noticed some serious muscle developing from Jillian though.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    but I don't measure anything, I just ball park everything, but I try to be honest.

I would look at this if I was you - even though I weigh everything I find that if I have not weighed something for a week or two I start estimating totally wrong - and a few small overs start adding up.....On the other hand - are you eating enough - that could be another reason....

Most people I know have great results on the 30 day Shred - so I suspect it is not the 30DS
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I actually gained 2 pounds the first week or so. But i am on level 3 day 3 now doing it everyday straight and have now lost 6lbs and 7 inchs. I have heard from a lot of people that no one loses weight at first, but then last week i lost 4lbs so eventually it catchs up to ya. Just keep at it =]
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i gained weight for the first 2 weeks, super frustrating! but i literally just finished level 2 and have lost a total of 7" from belly and thighs, plus finally started losing a few pounds again this week. i think in the beginning your body holds onto a good deal of water as it's adjusting.
    side note, but it noticably helped me, i upped my protein intake and conciously made sure to get 80-100 gm per day.
    best of luck to you, try to see it through, i believe you'll be happy in the end.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    edited, accidental double post
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I love Jillians DVDs and have had great success with them starting with the 30 Day Shred. I mix it up every 4 weeks so I am doing different Jillian DVDs now, but will go back and do the Shred again sometime soon. LOVE THEM!
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am Level 3 Day 4 and so far I have lost 10 pounds and not sure how many inches just yet. I also have been to the gym 3 times throughout the whole thing that could have done a little but most of my loss is from the 30 DS.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It took WEEKS before I logged any significant pound loss from the Shred. However, my measurements decreased significantly. Absolutely stick with it...but you may want to take a rest day here and there. It took me 5 weeks to finish it and I was also working out on my elliptical and doing long walks and shorter runs. I just ran my numbers over the last 10 months and I've lost 6 inches in my hips and 7 in my waist and I attribute 90% of that to the Shred. I just started it again and will be moving on to some of her other videos when I complete the cycle. Good luck!!
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    To answer a few questions:
    ~ Yes I did do level one, so tonight was my 15th day
    ~ I feel great doing it! Well, horrible when doing it, but great when I'm done, after I peel myself off the floor!
    ~ I add cardio in as well, I do about 25 minutes on the elliptical most evenings.
    ~ I am not organized to measure everything, but I am very generous when I put things into mypage and I am usually still at or under my goal for calories.
    ~ I am definately going to stick with it and hope for the best.

Thanks for all of your advice and support!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm like you I didn't have much success in the way of losing with JM however I loved the workouts and I was motivated to do it almost daily I would take 1-2 days off. With Shred I lost some inches my pants are looser but that was all. I can't say I gained muscle I have a scale that calculates your muscle mass and it stayed the same. Then after Shred I did Ripped and lost 2-3 pounds. That's it I was disappointed I hear lots of success stories with ppl using her dvds and I dont consider my results great. However I am going to do them again in a month or so. Ppl gave me tips to do a second cardio workout which I didn't do before cuz I thought JM was enough I was burning right at 500 calories in her 30 minutes but hey those ppl got better results. Also I believe I was eating a few more calories than I needed, now I have joined this site and before i was trying to eat 1500-1600 and yes eating calories back but the site says I shouldn't even eat 1400. So hopefully I will do better my next time around.