Where to meet people?

Options
Lauralovesmfp
Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
So I recently separated from my husband of 17 years (almost 18.) I had nothing in common with him at all and was curious where do people meet healthy people who like to exercise and take good care of themselves? I don't want to go to the bar scene ever again so any advice out there?

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    We have a local outdoors club here. I've met loads of folks there. Also, try meet up.com and see if there are any groups as well. Good luck!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well here, fitnesssingles.com, gyms, etc. Just getting yourself out there is a good thing. :smile: I wish you luck!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    million dollar question!

GG
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The gym, the park, organic food stores? Those all seem to be places that attract healthy people.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Do you go to a gym? What about a health foods store or a sporting goods store...?

I'm sorry I've just realized I wouldn't know where to meet someone...
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Bumping cuz I don't know where either. :frown:
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Yea, I wouldn't mind some better ideas about places to meet people since I'm back among the single
  • cv4123
    cv4123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My top recomendation woulwd be a co-ed sport league. By seeing your team mates over an extended period you will get to know the individuals quite well before the season ends. Even if you do not meet someone special you will meet quite a few new friends that will expand your social circle. The gym can also be a nice place to meet someone.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    My top recomendation woulwd be a co-ed sport league. By seeing your team mates over an extended period you will get to know the individuals quite well before the season ends. Even if you do not meet someone special you will meet quite a few new friends that will expand your social circle. The gym can also be a nice place to meet someone.

Hm! That is an awesome idea! Baseball and soccer season is underway may have to check that out! Thanks!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've met more people at local races and group training runs than you can possibly imagine!! As others said, the gym can be good and so can parks, as well as local health food markets.

Good luck!! :D
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not that it's worked for me yet lol but, I always feel that if you just put yourself out there and do the things you enjoy(even if you have to go by yourself) that you'll meet people with common interests.

If you find the perfect place let me know! lol
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Hm! That is an awesome idea! Baseball and soccer season is underway may have to check that out! Thanks!

Try the batting cages if you like baseball... I love to go(for fun not just to meet guys) and I met a guy I dated there once. He did turn out to be crazy lol However there's tons of potential there :)
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options

Try the batting cages if you like baseball... I love to go(for fun not just to meet guys) and I met a guy I dated there once. He did turn out to be crazy lol However there's tons of potential there :)

Good to know, but will keep my eye out for crazies dudes with bats too!