Suffering the end-of-the-weekend blues!!

Options
Feeling pretty down and out right now. Another crappy weekend gone by, and beating myself up yet again. Oh, and just to be clear, I'm talking about a crappy EATING weekend without exercise... my weekend itself was great, spent lots of fun time with family and friends and a great night out with my hubby. Except the great night out with the hubby included 3 slices of pizza, the fun times out with the friends included a seafood in white sauce over pasta dinner followed by quite a few drinks (about 4 light beers and 4 mixed drinks with diet pop)... and even the Sunday dinner with the family included a slice of my hubby's birthday cake, after I already ate a slice of birthday cake earlier at my friend's son's first birthday party. Seriously, where does my motivation and self control GO on the weekends??? Right out the window, that's where. I do SO good all week long, and the weekends just totally wipe out all the hard work I've done all week. I lost 2 pounds last week, and I already feel like I've gained every ounce back. Tomorrow I'm back on track and back to the gym, but seriously. I've got to find a way to deal with the weekends.

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I would celebrate with family and friends no matter. Maybe next time just 2 pieces of pizza.

When I'm with my family, especially brother, I poor down the drinks and eat the pizza. Heck I even lost weight that week. What you could do is say hey we're having this let me get an hour of cardio in.

Exercise is the great equalizer!

I don't think I would beat myself over this. Heck that's why we have friends. Let them do it.
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    umm story of my life...seriously..I do soo good all week. Eat perfect, workout every day..watchthe scale drop..then comes sat night..I'm a hairstylist and I work sat allll day so most of the time im so busy i can hardly eat anything, so come 5pm im a ravenous beast and all my friends are ready to go out....and im usually way too tired to go workout even if i stay in. Its tough...One thing that helped was the only drinks ill have out are a couple vodka and diet 7up drinks. A shot of vodka has about 65 cals and the soda none..plus its kinda strong so after a few im good. But yes, I agree with you on how hard the weekneds are!!!!!
  • Nikkita29
    Nikkita29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys... makes me feel a little better to know I'm not the only one who has so much trouble on the weekends!! I wanted to work out sooo bad to make up for all the extra calories, there just wasn't enough time in the days. Guess I'll just have to work extra hard the next two days before weigh in! I'm hoping if I'm strict enough on calories today and tomorrow, and really bust my butt at the gym, maybe I can make up for the horrible weekend! :smile: