Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken

Options
Zombielicious
Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
After eating at Panda Express I became obsessed with their black pepper chicken...for the calories, it's SOOO tasty! I came across this recipe online. I entered all the info into the recipe calculator and for an approximately 7 oz serving it's only 281 calories!! I'll take it!! (btw, this nutrition info is available for everyone. It's labeled "Black Pepper Chicken")

Courtesy of: http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/black-pepper-chicken-fid-1254667

what you need:

vegetable oil
1 - 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, diced into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes
2 cups celery, sliced on the bias
1 medium onion sliced
1 chopped cup green onions

marinade
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp rice vinegar/sherry
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp of water
2 tsp ground black pepper

what to do:

1. heat up a pan over medium high heat. combine all the ingredients under marinade and soak the diced chicken in it for about 15 minutes.
2. cook the chicken until it's white, drain and put aside. Wipe the pan clean (this is to make sure nothing gets burned when you heat up the pan again) and heat up to medium high. combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set it aside.
3. drizzle oil on the pan again, saute onions, celery and green onions for about 1 minute. you want to keep the vegetables crunchy.
4. add the already cooked chicken and the sauce mixture into the pan and cook until the sauce thickens. serve over steamed rice.

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Bumping for reference tomorrow.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much . . . . sounds so delicious. I will definitely be trying that out very soon!:smile:
  • Zombielicious
    Options
    Thank you so much . . . . sounds so delicious. I will definitely be trying that out very soon!:smile:

Oh yeah, no problem. It's super easy to make and beats ordering out for Chinese food...plus you know exactly what's in it...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Posting to subscribe so I can make this for dinner tomorrow lol =D. I love Panda Express...and the black pepper chicken is one of my favorites!

Thanks!

Hey! You changed your profile picture while I was posting!!
  • Zombielicious
    Options
    OH, I forgot pictures...if you go to the link they're on there
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    That looks good. I am definitely either making that or going to the Panda Express down the street from my house.
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    After eating at Panda Express I became obsessed with their black pepper chicken...for the calories, it's SOOO tasty! I came across this recipe online. I entered all the info into the recipe calculator and for an approximately 7 oz serving it's only 281 calories!! I'll take it!! (btw, this nutrition info is available for everyone. It's labeled "Black Pepper Chicken")

Courtesy of: http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/black-pepper-chicken-fid-1254667

what you need:

vegetable oil
    1 - 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, diced into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes
    2 cups celery, sliced on the bias
    1 medium onion sliced
    1 chopped cup green onions

marinade
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp soy sauce
    1 tsp cornstarch
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper

sauce
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tsp oyster sauce
    1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp of water
    2 tsp ground black pepper

what to do:

1. heat up a pan over medium high heat. combine all the ingredients under marinade and soak the diced chicken in it for about 15 minutes.
    2. cook the chicken until it's white, drain and put aside. Wipe the pan clean (this is to make sure nothing gets burned when you heat up the pan again) and heat up to medium high. combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set it aside.
    3. drizzle oil on the pan again, saute onions, celery and green onions for about 1 minute. you want to keep the vegetables crunchy.
    4. add the already cooked chicken and the sauce mixture into the pan and cook until the sauce thickens. serve over steamed rice.

Bump this to save for later!

Yummy! It is full of Deliciousness! Thanks for sharing your low calorie recipe idea! Have a blessed and prosperous day! † ♥♥HUGS♥♥

Elephantbutt.gif
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I totally need to make this!!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - I see a few things I will have to sub for myself (allergies) but still - good recipe! Thanks!