Fairly New

Options
Hi, my name is Grayce and I was invited to join by my son in order to have an accountability partner. He got on my case for not posting foods after a few days so I am doing better this week. Have also done better with the exercise lately. For me (who hates exercise) that is a biggie!:happy:

Replies

• ridiculyss
    ridiculyss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    An important in keeping up your motivation to get fit is to find something active that you enjoy and that doesn't feel like so much of a chore/drag. Exercise doesn't necessarily have to be done in the gym or anything like that. Something that I do regularly to make sure I'm not getting to be too sedentary during the school week is powerwalk. To my car, to classes, and then when I get the mail I usually run or jog. I also love to dance and do yoga. I'm always trying to maintain the best posture that I can and maintain good core strength as well as pulling back my shoulders every so often. It can be difficult to maintain because of health conditions that have become rather persistent over the years (hyper-extended knees and a sideways curve in my spine, as well an old injury from trying to imitate Michael Jackson's toe stand... barefoot! D'oh! ><), but since I make sure to check myself everyday, it gets to be easier to practice and maintain (I'm doing it now! :) ).

Once you find something that's at least tolerable, if not actually enjoyable, it gets easier to keep up with getting fit. :)

Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • BratNellie
    BratNellie Posts: 19
    Options
    I am 49 and my 1st goal is to get below 200 lbs as well. Welcome to MFP and good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Jackie