Turbo Jam Calories Burned??

Lyn_Matthews
Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm curious how those of you (if any) that do Turbo Jam calculate your calories burned? I've looked at a few websites that calculate that sort of thing for you and it says around 300 calories (for me at 208 lbs) for 20 minutes and 600 for the 40 minute routines. Does this seem accurate? I've been logging WAY less than this, if that's truely the case. I'm sure it depends on how hard you push yourself, but I do get up to my THR. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    I'm curious how those of you (if any) that do Turbo Jam calculate your calories burned? I've looked at a few websites that calculate that sort of thing for you and it says around 300 calories (for me at 208 lbs) for 20 minutes and 600 for the 40 minute routines. Does this seem accurate? I've been logging WAY less than this, if that's truely the case. I'm sure it depends on how hard you push yourself, but I do get up to my THR. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Will have to do a workout wearing a hrm, will let you know
  • When I doTae Bo I either log it as kickboxing or log it from fatburn.com , but I always log it for like 10 minutes less, because I do not own and HMR.:smile: . Best of luck to you
    Melissa
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    At 185lbs, I get 440 cals for the 40 minute workout wearing a HRM. So I think that might be a little bit high but not too much.
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    hi,
    this is the only info I found in BB regarding calories expansion.
    Does not refer to TJ directly, but if you have done any other BB W/Os you probly can decide where TJ falls in comparison...
    http://forums.teambeachbody.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/8682956296/m/4582959947
    Hope this helps!
    Love,
    Jenny
  • I saw your question yesterday....I guess I too will have to invest in a HRM. LOVE the workout though.
  • Just went to "ask" and found a few answers. A fellow blogger who weighs 160 lbs burned 277 cal doing TJ Fat Blaster - said she didn't work that hard though.
This discussion has been closed.